2018-2019 Application Cycle

It says the following on their website

"Within 2 weeks after the application deadline, if not sooner, we will send you an e-mail either inviting you to an interview or notifying you that we unfortunately do not have an interview slot for you in this admissions cycle.  Please be patient!  Due to the "rolling" nature of our admissions process, not everyone will receive news at the same time."

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, CheesePlease said:

How long ago did you all submit? I am coming up on 9 weeks and the email said they would follow up in about 8

I submitted mid May and got that same email, was thinking we would be hearing mid August. Hopefully soon! Last year they didn't hear till October

8 hours ago, Assistanttothephysician said:

Rejected today, here are my stats.

cGPA: 3.3

sGPA: 2.75

Preq-GPA: 4.0

Last 60 units: 3.75

GRE: 154 Q, 165 V, 4.5 W

Bachelor's degree in philosophy from Cal

23,000 hours of PCE as a paramedic, firefighter, and ED tech

4700 hours volunteer firefighting

Good luck everyone else

Also rejected today

GPA 3.59

GRE 323

PCE 2500-3000 

Bachelors in Immunology

18 hours ago, Assistanttothephysician said:

Rejected today, here are my stats.

cGPA: 3.3

sGPA: 2.75

Preq-GPA: 4.0

Last 60 units: 3.75

GRE: 154 Q, 165 V, 4.5 W

Bachelor's degree in philosophy from Cal

23,000 hours of PCE as a paramedic, firefighter, and ED tech

4700 hours volunteer firefighting

Good luck everyone else

9 hours ago, Raiders4sho said:

Also rejected today

GPA 3.59

GRE 323

PCE 2500-3000 

Bachelors in Immunology

I'm sorry about the rejection but I'm sure good news will come from somewhere else!! If you don't mind me asking, when did you both submit your applications? Just trying to get a timeline.

I haven't heard squat and was verified early July. Usually when I post something like I'm posting now, the cosmos has it that I hear back from the school in one way or another. I figure I'm either in the "we're not entirely sure about this applicant" pile or the "I got lost in the shuffle" pile. Either way, well done on getting interviews for those that have and for those that haven't: try not to worry about it too much - apparently this is a very competitive program. 

21 minutes ago, Throwitaway said:

I haven't heard squat and was verified early July. Usually when I post something like I'm posting now, the cosmos has it that I hear back from the school in one way or another. I figure I'm either in the "we're not entirely sure about this applicant" pile or the "I got lost in the shuffle" pile. Either way, well done on getting interviews for those that have and for those that haven't: try not to worry about it too much - apparently this is a very competitive program. 

I was also verified early July and haven’t heard anything! Pretty sure most people that heard were verified in June, but within the next two weeks I’m sure we will hear back one way or another. Goodluck! 

I was verified mid May and was not offered an interview nor have I received a rejection. Haven't heard squat since my confirmation email in June. Anyone else in this boat? Very confused! Wondering if they forgot about me or if they are still debating on my application. 

Guest thePAway
7 hours ago, PA135 said:

I was verified mid May and was not offered an interview nor have I received a rejection. Haven't heard squat since my confirmation email in June. Anyone else in this boat? Very confused! Wondering if they forgot about me or if they are still debating on my application. 

I got my confirmation email in mid early June and still have not heard either, it seems like most people have not!

1 hour ago, FuturePA888 said:

I have not heard anything yet either. I am thinking we are probably on some kind of waiting list. 

It says the following on their website: "Within 2 weeks after the application deadline, if not sooner, we will send you an e-mail either inviting you to an interview or notifying you that we unfortunately do not have an interview slot for you in this admissions cycle.  Please be patient!  Due to the "rolling" nature of our admissions process, not everyone will receive news at the same time." 

Keeping in mind that the application deadline is the 1st and today is the 5th, we should all know, whether it's good or bad, in the next 10 days according to this. Good luck to everybody!

Just got interview invite today for October 19th and the 20th!!!!! I applied late May and recieved verification email in early June. 

I honestly thought it was gonna be a rejection cause I got one from OHSU a couple weeks ago. 

cGPA: 3.97 

sGPA: 3.94

GRE: 320

PCE: 2200 as a PCT, about 1000 as a scribe  

but I’m terrible at typical interview questions and I’ve been rejected by two other schools post interview...so stats don’t matter too much... anyway good luck to y’all and excited to see everybody!

Well, looks like I'm out. Got my rejection today. With only 30 seats, this program is competitive so those that got in definitely earned it. Best of luck to those that got an invite!

BS in biology with a chem minor from CSUCI

cGPA/sGPA: 3.51

GRE: 289

PCE: ~30,000 as an EMT/ER Tech and paramedic

HCE: ~1,900 as a forensic autopsy assistant and organ harvester

Volunteer: ~1000 with various PA clubs and other organizations

On 9/5/2018 at 2:25 PM, Geoffrey said:

Well, looks like I'm out. Got my rejection today. With only 30 seats, this program is competitive so those that got in definitely earned it. Best of luck to those that got an invite!

BS in biology with a chem minor from CSUCI

cGPA/sGPA: 3.51

GRE: 289

PCE: ~30,000 as an EMT/ER Tech and paramedic

HCE: ~1,900 as a forensic autopsy assistant and organ harvester

Volunteer: ~1000 with various PA clubs and other organizations

Man, if this doesn't exemplify the increasing trend in PA adcoms prioritizing academics over experience, then I don't know what does. Personally, I think it's a shame things are moving in that direction. Good luck getting in elsewhere!

Archived