Stanford tuition - Someone pls explain?

50 minutes ago, marktheshark89 said:

Because people are willing to pay it

and you get a whole summer off apparently! No, but seriously, people are willing to pay for that prestige factor. If Duke were to increase its tuition by 50% I guarantee you that they will still fill all its seats because of its prestige and of course being a seasoned/proven program. 

Their medical school is very highly regarded (one of the best research schools in the country), and their PA program; which is integrated into the med school and very small (30 students I think), so they have a lot to offer. And with a class that small, you still have to have the same number of professors and admin staff.

Some programs are under "allied health" as opposed to "college of medicine" even when the university also has a med school, kind of a low blow I think. 

But as was mentioned earlier, people will pay it. PA students come from a variety of backgrounds, some are financially well off, and others willing to shoulder the debt. 

The PANCE pass rate is a peculiar anomaly. But for a class that small, the actual number of folks who didn't pass in a given year is anywhere between 1 and 5 for the data shown. It also looks like those classes were bigger than the incoming class, and there was a jump to 98% passing last year, so maybe a positive trend?

Archived