FLORIDA: Barry University PA Program 2018-2019 Cycle

Congrats!!!
Do you mind sharing your stats

I interviewed on 9/21 at the Miami campus and I received an email from Michelle Spence offering me a seat in the class!! I am so excited! I loved the program, and the interview day was great! Everyone was very welcoming and kind! 

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, albae said:

Congrats!!!
Do you mind sharing your stats

Thank you so much!! I am a second time applicant. My overall gpa is 3.55 and science is a 3.2; my GRE was 155 V, 148 Q, 4.5. I have around 3,000 volunteer hours, 2,200 hours as a CNA, and about 4,000 hours in research and a recent publication based off that research, then just various leadership positions from my time in college. I feel they give a holistic approach in reviewing applications as I don't have a perfect GPA or GRE. Hope that helps! 

• Like 2

Thank you so much!! I am a second time applicant. My overall gpa is 3.55 and science is a 3.2; my GRE was 155 V, 148 Q, 4.5. I have around 3,000 volunteer hours, 2,200 hours as a CNA, and about 4,000 hours in research and a recent publication based off that research, then just various leadership positions from my time in college. I feel they give a holistic approach in reviewing applications as I don't have a perfect GPA or GRE. Hope that helps! 
Wow that's awesome. That gives me hope since I have a similar GPA, I appreciate you posting this for us :)

• Like 1

I'VE BEEN ACCEPTED INTO THE BARRY ST. PETE CAMPUS PA PROGRAM!!!!!  You guys, this is my 3rd time applying to PA school.  I have waited sooooo long for this day and worked sooooo hard.  I literally started crying.  Congrats to everyone else that has been accepted and for those who haven't, keep your head up and if this is what you really want, do NOT give up!!!

• Like 15
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, hmartin said:

I'VE BEEN ACCEPTED INTO THE BARRY ST. PETE CAMPUS PA PROGRAM!!!!!  You guys, this is my 3rd time applying to PA school.  I have waited sooooo long for this day and worked sooooo hard.  I literally started crying.  Congrats to everyone else that has been accepted and for those who haven't, keep your head up and if this is what you really want, do NOT give up!!!

Congrats!!!!!!

• Like 1

Awesome. So inspiring!

6 minutes ago, albae said:

Awesome. So inspiring!

Thank you!  I got waitlisted both years I applied before...  I was always so close.  Last year I literally cried for 4.5 hours straight when I got waitlisted...  so I know the struggle all too well.  Good luck to everyone!!

Thank you!  I got waitlisted both years I applied before...  I was always so close.  Last year I literally cried for 4.5 hours straight when I got waitlisted...  so I know the struggle all too well.  Good luck to everyone!!
What did you change this cycle?

28 minutes ago, albae said:

What did you change this cycle?

So this cycle I continued working as a medical assistant in a large cardiology office getting patient care hours and shadowing the PA's I work with, I started doing research with a surgeon and got published, I retook 2 classes and got A's in both, and I started volunteering at a youth soccer program because I've played soccer my whole life.  So I really tried to improve my application from as many aspects as I could.

• Like 1

Just got an email this morning from Michelle offering me a seat at the Miami Campus!!! This is my second time applying. Congrats to everyone else who has been accepted and for those who haven't been accepted yet don't lose hope, it'll happen! Can't wait to start at this program, I loved the interview day and the faculty is awesome! Good luck everyone!

• Like 3

Just got an email this morning from Michelle offering me a seat at the Miami Campus!!! This is my second time applying. Congrats to everyone else who has been accepted and for those who haven't been accepted yet don't lose hope, it'll happen! Can't wait to start at this program, I loved the interview day and the faculty is awesome! Good luck everyone!
That's awesome. Congrats