FLORIDA: Barry University PA Program 2018-2019 Cycle

Just got an invitation to interview!

Sorry for being repetitive, but does anyone have information about how many students have been accepted/ whether the class has already been filled?  My understanding is that interviews later in the cycle are for the wait list, but I know not every PA program has the same process.  Any information would be much appreciated!  🙂 

2 hours ago, p_tud said:

Just got invited to an interview... but her computer crashed so the e-mail was sent in error 😞 Anyone else? 

I received an email this morning to interview and responded to confirm for January 18th.  I received an email from her confirming my acceptance, so hopefully that means the computer problems have been resolved by now!  

4 minutes ago, jae22 said:

I received an email this morning to interview and responded to confirm for January 18th.  I received an email from her confirming my acceptance, so hopefully that means the computer problems have been resolved by now!  

Wow, so this is really wierd then. As soon as I received the interview invite I got another email from her that said “I wanted to take moment to address something. I have been having computer issues and some of you have received emails in error. Last week an email entitled “Interview day confirmation” and toddy and today an email entitled “Interview invitation MS” was sent out in error. I do apologize. At this time your application is still being considered and a further follow up email will be received. Again I apologize as I am working on the issue to be resolved. We thank you for your patience. If you have any questions.” ... idk what to do now

• Like 1

20 hours ago, p_tud said:

Wow, so this is really wierd then. As soon as I received the interview invite I got another email from her that said “I wanted to take moment to address something. I have been having computer issues and some of you have received emails in error. Last week an email entitled “Interview day confirmation” and toddy and today an email entitled “Interview invitation MS” was sent out in error. I do apologize. At this time your application is still being considered and a further follow up email will be received. Again I apologize as I am working on the issue to be resolved. We thank you for your patience. If you have any questions.” ... idk what to do now

That is really odd indeed!  I haven't received any emails saying my invitation yesterday morning was sent out in error.

On 12/4/2018 at 3:09 PM, Lantech said:

Heyyy just a 2020 scrolling through not wanting to study for finals 😂 congrats to all that made it though! Barry takes a while to get everything going. We didn’t get housing recommendation until like July. But a lot of us live in Aventura and north bay village. The wait feels forever but really when everyone says enjoy this free time while you have it 🙃 do it. Lol pm me if y’all have any questions I’m happy to help if I can. 

Do you mind sharing if you know how big the waitlist is or how many people in your class got off of the waitlist?

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:50 AM, FeelTheMusicPA said:

Did this happen to anyone else??

Yes it happened to me too! Not just once, but twice. The first time was an invite confirmation that was due to computer issues and the second time was an actual invite and they said they were having computer issues as well. I hope they get it resolved soon, cause its so bad. I would feel bad for someone who gets an "accidental acceptances."

• Upvote 1

On 12/13/2018 at 5:09 AM, kth15 said:

Hi everyone! I will be interviewing at the Miami campus on 1/18.  Anyone else?!  I’m so excited but nervous...

Congratulations on the interview invitation 🙂

I will be interviewing on the 18th as well!  I will be coming all the way from California!

I have decided to rescind my acceptance to the Miami campus. I really enjoyed my day at Barry and met some really awesome people. However, I got into a school that is closer to home and I also really loved. I am hoping that this opens up a spot for one of you 🙂 Best of luck to everyone. 

Edited by ashprepa
  • Downvote 1

On 12/18/2018 at 1:40 PM, paPassion7 said:

I received an email on 10/31 stating that my application was being processed and awaiting admission committee review. I have no heard anything since. Has anyone else been waiting this long?

Yes, I received the same email on 11/15 & have not heard since then. Fingers crossed! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1