2018-2019 Application Cycle

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, nishili said:

hey guys! happy to be a part of this forum ?

I just received an interview invite for Thursday, August 9th! I received my secondary app invitation on July 18th, and the interview invite on July 24th. 

Really excited to meet the other interviewees! 

That’s great! Good luck on your interview! When did you receive an email from Cornell that they received your application?

7 hours ago, nishili said:

I just received an interview invite for Thursday, August 9th! I received my secondary app invitation on July 18th, and the interview invite on July 24th. 

Congrats! What were ur stats?

Also, if anyone was curious, the next interviews are 

August 9th &

September 13th

But there is generally a Q & A with the current students the night before (generally evening to late evening time) to help you understand what the interview will be like and what it is like at Cornell as well as what it is like to live in NYC. So if you get an interview I’d suggest including the day before Q & A into your travel plans. It has ZERO impact on your admission but it might help ease any nerves.

-Mary

Cornell PA student

Class 2020

once again if you have any questions feel free to let me know!!! ?

On 7/30/2018 at 9:58 PM, mdiemert said:

Also, if anyone was curious, the next interviews are 

August 9th &

September 13th

But there is generally a Q & A with the current students the night before (generally evening to late evening time) to help you understand what the interview will be like and what it is like at Cornell as well as what it is like to live in NYC. So if you get an interview I’d suggest including the day before Q & A into your travel plans. It has ZERO impact on your admission but it might help ease any nerves.

-Mary

Cornell PA student

Class 2020

once again if you have any questions feel free to let me know!!! ?

So exciting!! September 13th is my birthday!!!  I will be hoping for my supplemental application soon.  Thank you.

1 hour ago, jmb12010 said:

Has anyone from the 7/26 interview received an acceptance call yet? Been checking this thing on the daily for any news lol

How long did it take for you to get the interview from the time you got the secondary? And how many people were in your interview group?

2 hours ago, nephron said:

I never received a secondary. So confused

From what I am reading on the website, it looks like the deadline for the secondary application will be different depending on when you received your invite. I think there are probably still spots left for interviews?

3 hours ago, justhan said:

From what I am reading on the website, it looks like the deadline for the secondary application will be different depending on when you received your invite. I think there are probably still spots left for interviews?

That is correct, Cornell typically holds interview sessions up until December or so and secondaries can get sent out pretty randomly.

On 7/30/2018 at 6:59 PM, aspiringpastudent615 said:

Just out of curiosity, is there anyone who completed the secondary application and mailed it back in but did not get an interview? If they don't like what you write then will they just flat out deny you? Or do they hold onto your application and deny later? I'm very nervous yet excited. This is my #1!!!

I submitted my secondary and haven't heard back. Not sure how long the normal waiting period is, but doing my best to be optimistic! It's my #1 choice!

On 7/26/2018 at 1:22 AM, nishili said:

How did the interview go!? Congrats!!

Guest SoyLatte
18 hours ago, nephron said:

Has anyone else not heard back at all?

I submitted my app late June, got the under review email early July, and nothing since! ?

On 8/10/2018 at 8:32 AM, lizgenis said:

How did the interview go!? Congrats!!

Thank you ? I think it went pretty okay, it was definitely more laidback than I expected it to be 

There is an essay portion in the beginning, and then after the program introductions they begin with interviews 

There is one group interview - they split the large group into two small groups and one group does the group interview with current students and the other group waits to do the one on one interviews 

The one on one interviews are with faculty members, about 15-20 mins each 

My advice would be to really know why you want to go to PA school specifically, as opposed to any other profession, and why you think you would be a good fit for Cornell’s program 

It seems like a getting to know you type of interview, so it wasn’t really stressful ? 

Archived