2018-2019 Application Cycle

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mvatican said:

Okay me neither. Soon I hope!

Hello!

So I just talked to Marciano and he said that the accepted students’ applications from this previous interview are sitting in the Deans office to be approved and then they will shortly contact each of you. I don’t know what “shortly” means. I know it is torture to wait! Wish I had more info! 

Also they are still going over applications for the 11/29 and December interviews and i think still sending out secondaries.

Again! For students interviewing on 11/29 there will be a Q&A where you can ask current students questions the night before and I think it is supper helpful at calming nerves and answering questions (11/28 in the evening after 5pm) but i don’t receive the final list until about a week before so i can’t get any information to you about times. So this is my attempt to give you warning! It is not required but just in case you were making travel plans and want to know.

PS to people new to the forum and wanting information, if you click on my name and scroll through the posts I’ve made, your question might be answered. If not feel free to message me or post and I can try to help! But I don’t have any information on where any person’s application is in the process. 

Just a warning, I  have two exams a week every week going forward so I may be slow getting back to you but I’d love to help if I can 🙂

Mary D

Cornell PA-S

Class of 2020

52 minutes ago, mdiemert said:

Hello!

So I just talked to Marciano and he said that the accepted students’ applications from this previous interview are sitting in the Deans office to be approved and then they will shortly contact each of you. I don’t know what “shortly” means. I know it is torture to wait! Wish I had more info! 

Also they are still going over applications for the 11/29 and December interviews and i think still sending out secondaries.

Again! For students interviewing on 11/29 there will be a Q&A where you can ask current students questions the night before and I think it is supper helpful at calming nerves and answering questions (11/28 in the evening after 5pm) but i don’t receive the final list until about a week before so i can’t get any information to you about times. So this is my attempt to give you warning! It is not required but just in case you were making travel plans and want to know.

PS to people new to the forum and wanting information, if you click on my name and scroll through the posts I’ve made, your question might be answered. If not feel free to message me or post and I can try to help! But I don’t have any information on where any person’s application is in the process. 

Just a warning, I  have two exams a week every week going forward so I may be slow getting back to you but I’d love to help if I can 🙂

Mary D

Cornell PA-S

Class of 2020

Mary, you’re the best!! Thanks for asking. 

🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

On 8/22/2018 at 2:11 PM, mdiemert said:

Sadly I don’t have any advice that you probably haven’t already heard. A few pieces of advice:

- Be yourself. I know everyone says that but your ability to be genuine is very important because if the interviewer can tell you are fake, your future patients may think you are fake. My interviews felt like I was being evaluated for my bedside manner more than anything else.

- Read through your application before your interview. Make sure you have a reason for a bad grade, any gaps in education, any repeat classes. They WILL ASK YOU ABOUT THEM.

- Know why you want to be a PA. You do NOT need to have the biggest passion for surgery, or even know your desired specialty but you need to be able to verbalize why you want to be a PA and not an NP, MD, or something else. 

- Project confidence but be warm toward your other interviewees. You got an interview! That means you are in the top ~10%. Keep in mind though even though you are competing with your other interviewees be warm. A lot of us ended up rooming with someone from our interview day. (Including me ? )

- Wear something you feel comfortable in. If you don’t normally wear heels, wear flats or small heels. If you don’t normally wear make-up don’t go overboard. You need to feel as close to yourself as you can. The less to worry about the better.

Once again this is all just my perspective but other people may have a different view!

-Mary

@dgeddam I quoted what I said before about interviews but if you have more questions or any specific questions about the interview I might be able to offer more info! 

8 hours ago, mvatican said:

Mary, you’re the best!! Thanks for asking. 

🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

Thanks girl! Just trying to help because the waiting game is actually THE WORST and spoiler alert Cornell has a problem communicating to incoming students. It always works out in the end but sometimes there is a lack of communication initially. That is my only real complaint about the school otherwise I love it!

Archived