Hey all! Figured since there wasn't a thread for UE started yet, I would start one! I am a current undergraduate at UE graduating in December and applying this cycle.

Good luck to all! ?

Thanks for starting this thread! I have applied to Evansville for the first time this year and am excited to see how it plays out!

Hi everybody,

I spoke to Billie a few weeks back and it sounds like they will send out the interview invites mid to late August. 

Good luck!

I will be there on the 22nd as well!! I have another interview the day before that's 5 hours away. So a lot of travelling is in store to say the least lol 

HI ? I am a current UEPA student! If you guys have any questions let me know! The interview is a true MMI. Just be yourself and follow the prompts and you will do great! 

On 8/14/2018 at 2:49 PM, aagillard said:

Has anyone else heard anything back from UE after confirming your interview invite?

I haven’t. My friend who’s in the program said they did two sessions last year, one in the morning and the second in the afternoon. Maybe they are waiting on everyone to respond so they can break it up into equal groups? Just my assumption but I’m eager for more details! 

Edited by M1229

On 8/25/2018 at 10:51 AM, M1229 said:

Hi everybody! Have any of you guys received the “additional info” email they mentioned they would send out last week?

I have! I have actually received 2 acceptances at this point, so I plan on declining my offer to interview here either today or tomorrow. Hopefully that opens up a spot for someone else! ? good luck everyone 

8 hours ago, KP5537 said:

I have! I have actually received 2 acceptances at this point, so I plan on declining my offer to interview here either today or tomorrow. Hopefully that opens up a spot for someone else! ? good luck everyone 

Congrats!! I also received the additional info about the interview. It just came later than they originally mentioned it. Good luck and congrats again!! 

On 8/13/2018 at 5:41 PM, aagillard said:

Just received an interview invite for September 22nd!

On 8/13/2018 at 5:47 PM, pconroy said:

I received an interview invite today as well! I'm so excited!

On 8/13/2018 at 6:15 PM, M1229 said:

I received an invite to interview as well! Good luck everybody! 

On 8/13/2018 at 6:17 PM, keverett said:

I was also offered an interview! Hope to meet some of you all that day ? 

On 8/13/2018 at 6:19 PM, idau85 said:

I received an invitation as well. Is anyone coming from Minneapolis? 

On 8/13/2018 at 7:14 PM, ErinTaylor said:

I also received an interview for September 22nd! ? Good luck everyone! 

On 8/13/2018 at 7:57 PM, SutureSelf said:

I received an interview invite for the 22nd as well! Can't wait to meet you all!

On 8/14/2018 at 1:54 PM, kjohnson said:

I will be there September 22nd as well! ? Good luck and I cannot wait to meet everyone! 

Hi guys! Will you all be at the 9/22 interview? Mine's in the morning on that day. Has anybody experienced an MMI before? If so, what's the best way to prepare for it? @samhall I'd value your input especially! Thanks for jumping on here and offering help! 

On 8/14/2018 at 12:46 PM, samhall said:

HI ? I am a current UEPA student! If you guys have any questions let me know! The interview is a true MMI. Just be yourself and follow the prompts and you will do great! 

On 8/30/2018 at 5:05 PM, M1229 said:

Congrats!! I also received the additional info about the interview. It just came later than they originally mentioned it. Good luck and congrats again!! 

Thank you so much! I just declined my interview this past Friday evening so I hope that helps someone else out! It looks like a great program- just a lot further from home for me. Good luck!!! 

On 8/13/2018 at 5:19 PM, idau85 said:

I received an invitation as well. Is anyone coming from Minneapolis? 

I'll be coming from Minneapolis! See you there.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Naonu1
      Hello everyone,
      I am new to this site and I would really appreciate if I can receive advice. I have an undergraduate GPA of 3.045 right now this is prior to my spring semester grades being placed in and I project my GPA to raise but I guess not much since I will mostly have A's and B's. I am also graduating in December so I have one more semester. What makes me nervous is that Yale requires prereq's that I don't have yet (Micro, A&P I AND II, and Biochem) but I have the statistics portion. Luckily, Yale doesn't require any labs for the prereq's. Yale's minimum GPA req is a 2.8 however, CASPA hasn't calculated my GPA yet and based on what I've heard a CASPA gpa is way lower than your transcript gpa and I want to be competitive. 
      Not to mention that I am a psychology major which is already not the usual biology/chem. My major (science undergraduate) is a 3.5. 
      My plans were this summer to take these classes at a community college while completing classes towards finishing my degree at my usual university. The reason for this is due to COVID-19 and my school deciding to continue remote learning via ZOOM. My university doesn't have the best science professors from what I heard and what I seen (taking chem which I got an A in). I figured community college whose curriculum is already set up as online would be much easier for me to pick u in and CHEAPER of course. I say all of this to ask if it makes since to put myself through all of this in the summer if I may not get an interview based on the fact that my regular GPA is 3.0 and even if I take all of these classes and receieve a 4.0 I doubt my CASPA gpa will be raised by that much.
      My PCE (Paid) is 2000. 
    • By PrePA1208
      I worked as a PRN rehab technician for about 3 months (roughly 20 hours a week) before I became Full-Time (40 hours a week).  How do I record this change in hours? Do I make two separate entries or average the hours per week?  My hours for PRN also varied each week, with weeks working up to 30 hours and sometimes only 15 hours. Do I need to record this somehow? I also do not understand how PA schools validate that the numbers of hours stated are honest. Is there some sort of validation document needed from each employer from past jobs.  Any advice is appreciated, thank you!
    • By Majesticu
      Hey guys,
      I'm currently considering applying next year and was wondering if anyone could share their stats for getting into nova or any other school in florida, especially how many pce hours, since they don't seem to require it but I'm not sure how many most applicants have.
    • By DRHRT
      Well....Here it goes 2019 application cycle! Good luck to everyone...

• By AmbitiousPA2B
      Hey guys, 
      I will be applying to PA school this cycle and I was talking to an admissions counselor at the PA school I am interested in going (in my home town) about my academic record/healthcare experience and how I can be a more competitive applicant. In conclusion, she recommended I re-take Gen Chem II cause I got a D the first time I took it. Some background on me is that I have a cGPA of 3.1 and I knew that wasn't competitive enough for PA school and decided to get a Master's in Science which I got a cGPA of 3.5 with a sGPA of 3.6. I figured that since I took a lot of upper level chemistry and biochem courses in grad school it would counteract my D in gen chem II. However, they don't factor in grad grades with the undergrad pre-req grades which I should've known and feel stupid that I don't so I am looking at retaking gen chem over the summer before Aug 1. Other areas of my app are very strong with a good enough GRE, over 2,500 healthcare hours and other volunteer experience. This is literally my last battle and any advice would be amazing! 

SO she recommended I take Gen Chem II online at UNE (University of New England) and she said I;d be able to finish that in 8 weeks. I absolutely hated GC II and I really need to pull off an A. I've never experienced taking an online class through UNE...if any of you guys have had any experience and how hard you think it would be to pull off an A that would be greatly appreciated!! 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More