Tips on Application for 2021-22 cycle

Hi everyone! This is my first post so be forgiving if I don't have proper forum etiquette lol. So I am extremely nervous to apply this cycle, 2021-2022, because I feel as though my application is not going to be that strong. Here's what I have (keep in mind that I am a junior in college, so I have some more classes to take):

cGPA: 3.27

sGPA: right now I have a 3.1, but after this semester I am thinking that it will be around a 3.3

HCEs: over 2,000 as a CNA

I haven't asked for LORs yet, but I am sure that those I ask will highly recommend me (crossing my fingers!).

I don't have as many volunteer hours as I would like, around 50, but I am currently working on them. 

I am also involved on campus as an Orientation Leader, I am the President of Nature Club, the treasurer of a History club, and I am also apart of many other clubs, I am just not holding any positions in them. I don't know if this is relevant or not but I also take juijistu classes off campus. 

I did have some mishaps happen throughout college, I earned a C- in human A&P, and I had to retake biochemistry. I'm not sure if I should retake human A&P to raise my grade and GPA or let it go. I am going to apply this cycle to programs that do not have a minimum letter grade, but I am honestly so worried that these schools won't even look at my application because of my GPA and my A&P grade. 

Any and all recommendations are welcome, thank you!

You never know if you don't try. I can't imagine anyone filtering you out based on GPA unless you apply to schools that only care about that (they exist). 

Some more questions:

• Who are you asking for LORs and will they write good recs? This matters.
  • Shadowing hours? Worked with PAs?
  • GRE?

Might be worth retaking A&P (I or II?). The Jiu Jitsu thing may actually be helpful. Some programs really care about those little things that make you unique as an applicant and I'd say that would count.

Not sure how time consuming those clubs are, but I'd consider dropping some of them if they interfere with your grades.

5 hours ago, TheFatMan said:

You never know if you don't try. I can't imagine anyone filtering you out based on GPA unless you apply to schools that only care about that (they exist). 

Some more questions:

• Who are you asking for LORs and will they write good recs? This matters.
  • Shadowing hours? Worked with PAs?
  • GRE?

Might be worth retaking A&P (I or II?). The Jiu Jitsu thing may actually be helpful. Some programs really care about those little things that make you unique as an applicant and I'd say that would count.

Not sure how time consuming those clubs are, but I'd consider dropping some of them if they interfere with your grades.

Thank you for your reply! I am asking my RN supervisor at a nursing home, a science professor that I have had for multiple classes, and the program director or supervisor for the Orientation Leader position, I also want to ask a PA but am unsure of who to ask yet. I am in the process of getting shadowing hours completed, I plan to begin fairly soon.

It would be A&P I. For the past couple of semesters I have made sure to get only As and Bs in all my classes with those clubs, but it was still really difficult to raise my GPA as I started off school with a couple bad grades, a C-, D+, and D-. Sorry I forgot to mention the GRE! I am taking it at the end of next month. I don't know how comparable SAT scores are to the GRE but I got an 1190 on the SAT without studying (although I have been studying like crazy for the GRE), if that means anything.