23 hours ago, TannerH said:

I was having the same trouble finding Summer 2022. I  emailed them and they said "The PA program only admits new students in the SUmmer. The deadline to apply is November 1st. So You won't see it listed as being able to start in the Spring Semester."

Wait so do we select “Summer 2021” then? It seems like that one is there for last year’s application. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a question regarding one of the documents required to be submitted to the Graduate application on the schools website. It says to upload a personal statement. Is anybody just submitting their personal statement that was submitted to CASPA? Or writing a second personal statement? 

3 hours ago, TannerH said:

I have a question regarding one of the documents required to be submitted to the Graduate application on the schools website. It says to upload a personal statement. Is anybody just submitting their personal statement that was submitted to CASPA? Or writing a second personal statement? 

I used the same for both applications. The CASPA character count roughly equates to the grad school page count, I noticed. In my opinion, I feel that writing two different personal statements would make either one sound insincere. I guess the corollary to that would be the risk of looking lazy in the eyes of the reviewers by using the same essay.

Also, the PA school website states not to upload anything to the grad school app, but my fear of the whole process forced me to use the same files for both applications. 😂

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MarfaLights said:

I used the same for both applications. The CASPA character count roughly equates to the grad school page count, I noticed. In my opinion, I feel that writing two different personal statements would make either one sound insincere. I guess the corollary to that would be the risk of looking lazy in the eyes of the reviewers by using the same essay.

Also, the PA school website states not to upload anything to the grad school app, but my fear of the whole process forced me to use the same files for both applications. 😂

Hope that helps!

It very much so does. Not uploading documents to the graduate school application would save a ton of time and make me very happy! Thanks for the help!

19 hours ago, TannerH said:

In the How to Apply section on SIU's website it says not to upload transcripts, essays, personal statements, resumes, or references to this supplemental application. 

1. Apply to the SIU Graduate School and pay the non-refundable application fee.  Before the deadline, applicants must complete and submit both the application and application fee to the SIU Graduate School. Using the Apply Yourself system, select ‘MSPA’ and the appropriate summer semester, before you enter information. Do not upload transcripts, essays, personal statements, resumes or reference letters to this supplemental application.  Those should be submitted to CASPA.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, NSBEG18 said:

@nleb57Do you know if they are still holding interviews? I sent in my application in late may and haven't heard anything yet unfortunately 😢

There are still many interview dates to come throughout the next few months. Don’t worry about anything yet, it’s still very early in the application cycle! 

• 3 weeks later...