Hello everyone,

I graduate in May with my BS in Health Sciences.

My cGPA is a 3.70

My sGPA is a 3.65

I have about 1,050 PCE hours. About 700 are as a physical therapy aide, and about 350 as a dermatology medical assistant.

I have 250 HCE hours as a dietary aide in a hospital

150 volunteer hours as a nutrition aide, 30 volunteer hours as a patient transporter

I take the GRE at the end of May

LORs: Dermatologist I work for, Chem 2 professor, Ochem professor

Shadowing: 19 hours- Vascular surgery PA (6) Family Medicine (13)

Edited by pbluver97

2 hours ago, pbluver97 said:

Hello everyone,

I graduate in May with my BS in Health Sciences.

My cGPA is a 3.70

My sGPA is a 3.65

I have about 1,050 PCE hours. About 700 are as a physical therapy aide, and about 350 as a dermatology medical assistant.

I have 250 HCE hours as a dietary aide in a hospital

150 volunteer hours as a nutrition aide, 30 volunteer hours as a patient transporter

I take the GRE at the end of May

LORs: Dermatologist I work for, Chem 2 professor, Ochem professor

Shadowing: 19 hours- Vascular surgery PA (6) Family Medicine (13)

I'm new to the forum but just something I might point out is several schools I saw specifically want a LOR from a PA. I did see several that just said MD or PA so I guess it all depends where you are applying. Same with everything else in your stats. Depends what schools you are applying to but overall I would say you sound like a pretty solid candidate. More solid than my stats for sure besides the PCE. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, browens3pa said:

I'm new to the forum but just something I might point out is several schools I saw specifically want a LOR from a PA. I did see several that just said MD or PA so I guess it all depends where you are applying. Same with everything else in your stats. Depends what schools you are applying to but overall I would say you sound like a pretty solid candidate. More solid than my stats for sure besides the PCE. 

Yeah! So none that I’m applying to specifically say PA. They say MD or PA. Thank you so much!

You should have no issues getting an interview. The goal is to get an interview and then leave it up to your personality to getting in. 

You have a competitive GPA and a variety of experience. PCE is average so continue working on that. Write a captivating essay and interviews should pour in.

Good luck!