WSU 2018-2019 Application Cycle

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/16/2018 at 2:42 PM, sardery said:

Has anyone considered contacting them? Looking at last years forum, applicants were already receiving the supplemental app by this time last year..

Because everyone else isn't getting them I'm not concerned just yet. They'll probably get around to it very soon! 

I know they invest a lot of resources into their PA program so I know they're not not working on it lol

Hi guys,

I received supplemental application today as well, but I have been already accepted into two other PA programs, so I am withdrawing my application from Wichita University. 

I even forgot about them already ???‍♀️!

Best of luck to you all !!!

I am sure this application/waiting/interviewing  processes have been exhausting for everyone. 

Guest abush27
1 minute ago, YGrabo said:

I received supplemental application today , I have been already accepted into two other PA programs, so I am withdrawing my application from Wichita University. 

I even forgot about them already ???‍♀️!

Best of luck to you all !!!

I am sure this application/waiting/interviewing  processes have been exhausting for everyone. 

Best of luck Yuli!! I hope whatever choice you make between your options you rock it!! 

On 10/18/2018 at 12:37 PM, zoltman said:

Because everyone else isn't getting them I'm not concerned just yet. They'll probably get around to it very soon! 

I know they invest a lot of resources into their PA program so I know they're not not working on it lol

What're your guys' thoughts in regards to their accreditation-probation status? I understand they still have accreditation until their next review in 2020, but it definitely is a factor I'm considering now that I have received the supplemental application. I wish we knew more details as to why they are currently under probation status - it's an extremely reputable program!

16 minutes ago, jas96 said:

Hey guys, 

I also got a supplemental application however, I never filled out their WSU graduate school application, do you think it's worth paying the $75 now for the supplemental and filling out the graduate school application? I'm not sure if they'll even consider my application tho? 

If I were you, I wouldn't waste the money (mostly because I don't have money to waste and I bet most college students are in the same boat lol). They are very firm with deadlines, and since the grad school app was due on September 1, I doubt they would consider it. Especially since their website says "Deadlines are FIRM: no exceptions will be made."

5 minutes ago, jas96 said:

I thought they review your application and send supplemental applications to qualifying students? I could be wrong.. but it doesn't make sense? 

Maybe that haven’t looked at grad applications yet? This is the first year that they’ve required it to be submitted the same time as CASPA. In past years, the deadline for the grad school app was November 1st which was a month after caspa was due. I doubt they’ve even looked at grad school apps at all, because I submitted mine back in May and there’s no indication on it that it has been reviewed or processed. I didn’t even receive an email stating they received it. I could definitely be wrong, I really just don’t know. You could try emailing them to ask if it’s still worth your time/money?

4 hours ago, jas96 said:

Hey guys, 

I also got a supplemental application however, I never filled out their WSU graduate school application, do you think it's worth paying the $75 now for the supplemental and filling out the graduate school application? I'm not sure if they'll even consider my application tho? 

In order to be eligible for interview, the grad application has to be completed 

5 hours ago, jas96 said:

Hey guys, 

Your best bet is to contact the admissions office and ask this question. I wouldn't waste the money if they won't even review your application. However, they are human so maybe they will have some mercy on you.

I also received the supplemental application.  With regards to their accreditation status I did some research with the ARC-PA and all they are concerned with is that the program is accredited when you matriculate, and although probationary status is concerning to future applicants pending their next review for those of us this cycle it won't be an issue.  So, good luck to all and may the Force....jk. 

I forgot that I had emailed my professor when WSU went on probation about why they did and if she had any concerns. Here is what she said: 

"The probation status is for a student failing to file the proper paperwork for their clinical rotation. I think you should go ahead and apply. WSU is the process of submitting an appeal statement for this.
It will not affect your degree"

Archived