WSU 2018-2019 Application Cycle

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, jkrestine said:

I got a phone call today!! 

20 hours ago, Shinkadink said:

Yes, I got a phone call today letting me know I was accepted. Congratulations to everyone else that was accepted and I'm looking forward to meeting you all real soon! Once again, if anyone from out of state has questions or concerns about Wichita and where to live I would be happy to check on things for you.

Congratulations! I did too - can't wait to meet you guys!

4 hours ago, Bat10 said:

I'm wondering if all acceptances went out today in some form--whether that be via call or email--and those wait listed or denied will be notified Monday

Just seems weird because they told us that everyone would know one way or another by the 18th at the latest.

Hello everyone! Sorry to get on here late but I’m a current student in the program and wanted to let everyone know that while all acceptance calls when out in Thursday/Friday there are usually a few students that choose to attend other programs and give up there positions so there are usually a few people pulled off the waitlist every year. 

37 minutes ago, DSW1969 said:

So for those of you who were accepted could you please remind us of your stats so we can see where we need to improve our applications before the next cycle?  What unique experiences did you bring to the table?

I probably fall outside of normal applicant bell curve. I'm 36 years old and have had more time to get experience.

GPA: 3.7ish

Science GPA: 3.8

Health Care Experience: 12 years as a military medic...so like 20,000+ hours

Volunteer Hours: Around 100

Shadow: I didn't shadow a PA because I worked with them daily

During my undergrad I was on student government and worked as an organic chemistry TA. (both show leadership)

Honestly, I think my real world experience was what helped me the most. Understanding how a PA operates in health care and some of the daily struggles they deal with is very important. Also, find some aspect of healthcare you are passionate about and have that be shown through out your application and interview. I'm from the state and it was clear that I will be practicing in the state after graduation. 

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. I met so many highly qualified applicants during my interview that I can't imagine how hard it was for the admissions committee to make their selections.

I received my acceptance phone call Thursday morning! Congrats to everyone else on their acceptances! I am so excited to meet everyone and tackle the next 26 months together! I am from out of town so any housing suggestions, preferably close to the school, would be greatly appreciated! 🙂

14 hours ago, AJPA20 said:

Hello everyone! Sorry to get on here late but I’m a current student in the program and wanted to let everyone know that while all acceptance calls when out in Thursday/Friday there are usually a few students that choose to attend other programs and give up there positions so there are usually a few people pulled off the waitlist every year. 

Is there any way for us to find out why we didn’t get accepted? 

13 hours ago, Mbwqplk3 said:

Will the waitlisted candidates be made aware of what place they stand on that list?

I’m not sure if waitlisted students have been notified or not at this point. Many schools tend to give the accepted students a few days to make their decisions before sending information to the waitlisted students. Generally they will not be told their place on the waitlist. 

4 minutes ago, Kansas57 said:

Is there any way for us to find out why we didn’t get accepted? 

All students who interviewed will recieve a letter or email from the school. If there is any way for you too get feedback about you interview/application it will be in that letter. If you are still looking to improve you application after that feel free to reach out and I am willing to answer any questions you may have.

So has anyone heard a peep since Thursday?  It just seems so weird since no one has said they heard anything on Friday and no one is talking about waitlist or rejections.  Every other board I read seems to have more action once invites start going out.  For the benefit of my sanity, if you have heard something, please let us know.

Archived