WSU 2018-2019 Application Cycle

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The graduate and supplemental applications were extended to tomorrow. From an email I got:

Greetings from the Wichita State University Physician Assistant Department!

For further consideration in the application process for the Physician Assistant Program,  the Graduate School Application deadline has been extended to  November 8, 2018.

Click HERE for more information about the graduate school application process.

Applications received after the November 8th deadline, will no longer be considered.

Thank you for your interest in our PA Program, we look forward to receiving your Graduate School Application.

Sincerely,

Wichita State University
Department of Physician Assistant
Office of Admissions

1 hour ago, TinaRocketfish said:

The graduate and supplemental applications were extended to tomorrow. From an email I got:

Greetings from the Wichita State University Physician Assistant Department!

For further consideration in the application process for the Physician Assistant Program,  the Graduate School Application deadline has been extended to  November 8, 2018.

Click HERE for more information about the graduate school application process.

Applications received after the November 8th deadline, will no longer be considered.

Thank you for your interest in our PA Program, we look forward to receiving your Graduate School Application.

Sincerely,

Wichita State University
Department of Physician Assistant
Office of Admissions

TinaRocketfish, 

Just out of curiosity, did they send this to you because you missed the initial deadline?  

53 minutes ago, AT2PhysicianAssistant said:

TinaRocketfish, 

Just out of curiosity, did they send this to you because you missed the initial deadline?  

That might be the case. I didn't submit the graduate application by the initial date because I was holding out for the supplemental. I received the supplemental Oct 29th and then the email posted on the 30th. I was given Nov 8th deadlines for both

9 hours ago, WigginsD said:

For those of you living in the Wichita area.  What are your thoughts about the crime rate in the area, or where's the best place to live near campus?

The crime is relatively low in most of Wichita. There are areas to avoid though. Downtown apartments that are near the PA campus should be fairly safe but they are pretty expensive. You can find cheaper housing near WSU's main campus but it is less safe. I would figure out your budget and then search for an apartment in the downtown area. If you have a specific apartment in mind let me know and I could drive around the neighborhood to check it out. I have a friend that lives in Flats 324, and pays $700 a month. It's not on the safest street but the parking is gated and his apartment was nice. Several other med school students live there as well.

7 minutes ago, Shinkadink said:

The crime is relatively low in most of Wichita. There are areas to avoid though. Downtown apartments that are near the PA campus should be fairly safe but they are pretty expensive. You can find cheaper housing near WSU's main campus but it is less safe. I would figure out your budget and then search for an apartment in the downtown area. If you have a specific apartment in mind let me know and I could drive around the neighborhood to check it out. I have a friend that lives in Flats 324, and pays $700 a month. It's not on the safest street but the parking is gated and his apartment was nice. Several other med school students live there as well.

I definitely agree! I live in east Wichita right now and it's by far the safest I have ever felt. It is a more upscale apartment, but living with a roommate is cheaper than living on my own at a cheaper apartment so it works. I live about 10 minutes from campus and roughly 15/20 from downtown depending on traffic.

2 minutes ago, bmarrufo95 said:

Also just got my email stating they received the supplemental application! This is so exciting and nerve wrecking!

When did you submit your supplemental? I'm curious if they are going through them in the order they are received? I didn't submit mine until the due date and I haven't received an email yet. 

3 hours ago, Shinkadink said:

When did you submit your supplemental? I'm curious if they are going through them in the order they are received? I didn't submit mine until the due date and I haven't received an email yet. 

I haven't gotten the 'received' email either and submitted mine the day before the due date.

So, on the supplemental application it states that they will process your application once they receive your payment.  Then once you submit your payment it says they will contact you in 7-10 business days.  That was on the 4th so I'm anticipating something from them any day now.  bmarrufo95:  I didn't get an email stating that they received my supplemental either?  I guess we will wait and see soon.

On 11/15/2018 at 8:58 PM, kabigai said:

I haven't gotten the 'received' email either and submitted mine the day before the due date.

I called to ask and they said they have a person going through and checking it all and sending the email so it could be a few days before it is received. They told me they had received everything for mine but just have to send the confirmation when they get to it. I still haven’t received it though. So I assume it takes awhile.

14 hours ago, WigginsD said:

I got the email.  The waiting continues.  I'm not envious of the selection committees, they definitely have their work cut out for them.  I look forward to meeting some of you in December (if I get an interview invite)!  Good luck to all.

WigginsD, when did you submit your supplemental application?

1 hour ago, btay4812 said:

Heyy, has anyone else still not received the supplemental application and application fee confirmation email with the potential interview dates listed? Submitted mine on 11/7 and still haven't heard anything. Thanks! 

I haven't heard anything yet either. I also submitted mine on the 7th. 

Archived