WSU 2018-2019 Application Cycle

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, swalden30 said:

I have not heard a word as well, and I find it strange nothing has been sent out or no communication at all. Especially compared to other years. I am in the same boat with you!

I interviewed on January 10th and I remember being told that only accepted students will get phone calls while waitlisted and rejected students will get a letter in the mail. 

So I asked a friend who attended WSU/psychoanalyze/stalked the past 5 years worth of WSU forums and here’s a chain for events:

1)Thurs/Fri after last interview: 48 top pick phone calls go out.

2)  a few days or horror/pure stress pass while the top 48 picks will either decline or accept.

3) a flex list (aka back up/“almost”)is generates and used to send out acceptances via SNAIL MAIL to fill the rest of the original 48 that were declined. 

4) a wait list is generated after the top “flex list” applicants were notified.

5) i’m not sure if waitlists are emailed or snail mailed. I also have 0 idea about rejections. I will absolutely post about it so next years’ applicants can have a piece of mind through this process. 

I spoken a rural KS PA over the weekend. He/she said don’t not be intimidated or discouraged because there are so many good applicants that it’s difficult to select a person based on the interview and that many of the best students in his/her were often overlooked and took a few attempts to get in. 

Im not sure that I will be accepted, but i’m going to be positive and use it as motivation for next year. I’ve had a long and ugly cry  (okay...absolutely hideous and institutional cry), but it’s okay because this opportunity isn’t going to disappear. I’m not taking no for an answer. One way or another, I’m going to become a PA and you will too. 

For those of you in in the same boat as me- the world is still spinning. Baby steps. Never accept a no. 

1 hour ago, Mamandap said:

I just called and they said it might be another week and a half before all responses are out. 

Hmm.. that’s just really frustrating because we were all told at my interview that everyone would know by the 18th, but they’ve just left the majority of us hanging. My friend who interviewed a different day said they told her the same thing.

1 hour ago, Madough said:

Hmm.. that’s just really frustrating because we were all told at my interview that everyone would know by the 18th, but they’ve just left the majority of us hanging. My friend who interviewed a different day said they told her the same thing.

I know rejections come by snail mail but I’m not sure about waitlist. 

I got accepted this year but was wait listed last year. I know how agonizing waiting around to hear something is! Just to give a little hope, we have to send our acceptance letters in by February 8th. I'm sure if people don't accept you might hear something from the wait list around that time. But I know people who were accepted off the wait list a couple weeks before school started as well. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived