WSU 2018-2019 Application Cycle

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received a confirmation email from WSU in reference to my grad school application. I have not received one from the program yet. My application was sent to them only a few days ago. Caspa shows it was verified by WSU but I was hoping to get an actual email from the program. Seems the response times vary widely.

9 hours ago, Earlthe said:

Do we need to submit their grad application before 9/1?

"no later than Sept. 1st"

means I can submit on 9/1 right??

EDIT: THERE ARE 31 DAYS IN SEPTEMBER!!

I would submit today if you have not. I don't know if it would get processed on Saturday. I do believe the actual deadline is 1 September 23:59:59 but I personally wouldn't risk it.

PAwannaBE21, on WSU website this is what it says:

Message from the Program Director:

The Wichita State University PA program remains a fully accredited program that continues to produce excellent outcomes. Our program has recently completed a rigorous self-study followed by a routine site visit from our accrediting body, ARC-PA. During this process, ARC-PA determined we were unable to demonstrate full compliance with standards related to two primary areas: how the program uses data collection and analysis to guide program modifications; and verification of clinical experience, establishment of levels of expectation, and assessment of skills for the clinical year. As a result, our accreditation status changed from “Accreditation – Continued” to Accreditation – Probation”.

Our department, as well as the College of Health Professions and University administration have accepted that decision and have immediately initiated an intensive plan of action to address the issues cited. We are fully confident that these corrective measures will meet or exceed the accreditation standards established by ARC-PA with no adverse consequences to currently enrolled, admitted, or prospective students. Students can continue to apply, matriculate, graduate, take the PANCE, and apply for state licensure.

PANCE eligibility requirements are explained by NCCPA. ARC-PA has additional information about attending a program with Accreditation – Probation status.

The leadership of WSU and the College of Health Professions, along with the faculty and staff of the PA program and I take this decision by ARC-PA very seriously. It is our responsibility to correct any deficiencies identified through the self-study process and we will successfully address those concerns. Full compliance with all ARC-PA Accreditation Standards represents only the minimum of my expectations for this program. We have faculty and staff dedicated to excellence in PA education, we have tremendous facilities, and most importantly, we have amazing students that will be part of a very bright future for healthcare in Kansas and beyond.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions about our program (kim.darden@wichita.edu).

Wow. My family lives in Kansas City and I am taking a spontaneous trip to visit them soon. I called WSU, told them I am a prospective student for the PA program, and asked if I could schedule a tour or meet up and I had such a bad experience! I asked if I would be able to set up a tour while there and the woman I spoke with said they don't do that. I was surprised, so I asked if there was any kind of current student volunteers that would do a meet up. She responded, "Ummm, well because of liability issues I can't just give you student information." Private student info was totally not what I was asking for...I asked one more time if there was any way to get a tour because I would have loved an opportunity to get a feel for the campus and ask some questions and she told me,  “No. We can’t just accommodate any person from off the street..." I’m trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, maybe she was just having a bad day, but what?? This experience left such a bitter taste in my mouth. I just don’t even know what to think. What kind of school treats their prospective students like that?

She did tell me that they are having an information session on October 6 for any of you that are close.

25 minutes ago, kabigai said:

Wow. My family lives in Kansas City and I am taking a spontaneous trip to visit them soon. I called WSU, told them I am a prospective student for the PA program, and asked if I could schedule a tour or meet up and I had such a bad experience! I asked if I would be able to set up a tour while there and the woman I spoke with said they don't do that. I was surprised, so I asked if there was any kind of current student volunteers that would do a meet up. She responded, "Ummm, well because of liability issues I can't just give you student information." Private student info was totally not what I was asking for...I asked one more time if there was any way to get a tour because I would have loved an opportunity to get a feel for the campus and ask some questions and she told me,  “No. We can’t just accommodate any person from off the street..." I’m trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, maybe she was just having a bad day, but what?? This experience left such a bitter taste in my mouth. I just don’t even know what to think. What kind of school treats their prospective students like that?

She did tell me that they are having an information session on October 6 for any of you that are close.

Wow! That shocks me, considering I'm a current student here at WSU. I've never been faced with any interactions even close to that, and I doubt this helps much, but I am incredibly sorry for the way she treated you. She could have explained things a little better, but I can try to help a little bit since I have some insight from going to the information sessions over the years.

At the information sessions, they do give people a tour of the PA building if people choose to do so. I will note that the PA building/campus is not on Wichita State's actual campus anymore. Starting last summer, they moved the PA building to downtown Wichita, called "Old Town", and is a short 10/15 minute drive from the actual campus, so I'm not sure that getting a tour of the actual campus would benefit you much since it isn't utilized much anymore. They did say during the info sessions that they may have a class or two during the week on campus but everything else is at the Old Town campus. I hope this helps some! Again, I'm so sorry that she wasn't able to provide this information for you in a respectful manner.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2018 at 2:51 PM, YGrabo said:

Hi guys . I haven’t gotten anything from Wichita . 

When did email come through? Why I didn’t received it ? Any news on supplemental application for anyone ? 

Still nothing on my end. Hopefully something pops up soon.

Archived