University of Tampa PA Program

12 minutes ago, padh30 said:

What type of questions did they ask?

Sorry, we are not allowed to say.  We all signed a confidentiality form and can't discuss anything about the questions.  They do have some MMI video links on their website though that I think could help you get an idea of the format.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, dani021 said:

Sorry, we are not allowed to say.  We all signed a confidentiality form and can't discuss anything about the questions.  They do have some MMI video links on their website though that I think could help you get an idea of the format.

Sorry and thank you, I will check it out

3 hours ago, jessieneil said:

Anyone who interviewed-how was it? How'd you practice for MMI and how were the scenarios?

I personally don’t think there’s any way to prepare for the MMI scenarios you will encounter. Again, we had to sign a disclosure so we aren’t able to provide what the scenarios were like. My advice is to just be yourself, and don’t try to speak a mile a minute or say something just because you think it’s what they want to hear. 

Edited by Ollivander
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ollivander said:

I personally don’t think there’s any way to prepare for the MMI scenarios you will encounter. Again, we had to sign a disclosure so we aren’t able to provide what the scenarios were like. My advice is to just be yourself, and don’t try to speak a mile a minute or say something just because you think it’s what they want to hear. 

Agree.  There is no "right" answer to MMI scenarios.  Use your healthcare experience to think about how you would react in the situation and be honest.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, PAPerson12 said:

I'm not from FL and will be interviewing Oct 15th. Would anyone want to meet up Sunday the 14th? Maybe explore Tampa? Or get coffee & visit the campus? 

There's a really cute place right next to the campus called Oxford Exchange.  Great place to grab a coffee, and the campus is just across the street to walk around and explore.

• Like 2

On 10/12/2018 at 10:28 PM, PAPerson12 said:

I'm not from FL and will be interviewing Oct 15th. Would anyone want to meet up Sunday the 14th? Maybe explore Tampa? Or get coffee & visit the campus? 

Hello,

I am also interviewing on the 15! I would like to meet up on Sunday! Would it be ok to meet up at like maybe 6/6:30?

Edited by CASPAthefriendlyghost
  • Like 1

For those who have already interviewed, were the situational/behavioral MMI questions conversational or did the interviewers just stare at you for the duration? Did you have follow up questions after you answered? I’ve been through the MMI process in the past and I had a couple interviewers just stare and not say a word until the timer went off.

First post, long time lurker.

I got an invitation to interview with UT on 11/5 and would appreciate any tips on how to prepare for this particular interview (outside of comfortable shoes lol). I have read How to Ace the Physician Assistant School Interview, familiarized myself with the schools website, intend to take part in the virtual tour on 11/1, and I would like to take that knowledge and hone it for this interview. I know those who have already interviewed are legally prohibited from discussing the individual questions and specifics of the interview, but any preparation guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance and good luck to you all!