Retirement!! What NON-MEDICINE job would you like to do?

I was just thinking that a bunch of us should get together and write our own medical show - it's a drama for non-medical folks but really is a comedy that only real medical people would understand - undertones of "WTF Were They Thinking??!!"  but really bad things that people have let go, done to themselves, etc, that are almost Darwin Awards or Honourable Mentions...

Any takers?

SK

21 minutes ago, Boatswain2PA said:

Like suicide by gsw to the mouth, only taking just the frontal cortex?  Or suicide by xylazine (a horse/cow sedative) self injection?  Or how about eating the entire wal-mart bag of met?  

Those kinda things?

A lifetime of McDonald's?  Diabetes follow ups every three years? COPD ers who cut down to 3 ppd?  

3 hours ago, Cideous said:

As an Urgent Care provider I go with the anal bottle rocket burns....

Wasn't my patient, but could do a story on the kid who thought it was a good idea to launch a mortar shell....from a mortar tube he was holding on his lap.  Apparently it is very, very difficult to attain hemostasis from a blown out peroneal artery.

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎25 at 7:31 PM, Boatswain2PA said:

Like suicide by gsw to the mouth, only taking just the frontal cortex?  Or suicide by xylazine (a horse/cow sedative) self injection?  Or how about eating the entire wal-mart bag of met?  

Those kinda things?

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎25 at 7:56 PM, thinkertdm said:

A lifetime of McDonald's?  Diabetes follow ups every three years? COPD ers who cut down to 3 ppd?  

9 hours ago, Cideous said:

As an Urgent Care provider I go with the anal bottle rocket burns....

6 hours ago, Boatswain2PA said:

Wasn't my patient, but could do a story on the kid who thought it was a good idea to launch a mortar shell....from a mortar tube he was holding on his lap.  Apparently it is very, very difficult to attain hemostasis from a blown out peroneal artery.

All of the above...and then some.  Ultimate host/narrator would be Hugh Laurie with his Greg House voice :-D.

SK

I would do what my brothers and family do. Work in the oil fields, construction worker, road trip aircraft mechanic. I would get out of this sissy job and become a man again. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hahaha marinejujitsu is sissified in ER! [emoji23][emoji23]?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Archived