Where can I take one course online?

Hi guys,

I've been google searching to no avail regarding where I can take a genetics course online. I am aware that UNE offers an online genetics course, but I would rather NOT take genetics at UNE if possible. Can anyone recommend a university where I can take genetics 100% online? I am working full-time, studying to retake the GRE, and taking biochemistry (repeat course) online concurrently which is why I need to take genetics strictly online. Thank you everyone for the help in advance!

Hi guys,
I've been google searching to no avail regarding where I can take a genetics course online. I am aware that UNE offers an online genetics course, but I would rather NOT take genetics at UNE if possible. Can anyone recommend a university where I can take genetics 100% online? I am working full-time, studying to retake the GRE, and taking biochemistry (repeat course) online concurrently which is why I need to take genetics strictly online. Thank you everyone for the help in advance!

I took a biochemistry class through UC Berkeley Extension program online.

They have genetics: https://extension.berkeley.edu/areas-of-study/sciences-mathematics-and-biotechnology.jsp#availableCoursesPSPS0050

Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, beachbulldog said:

I took a biochemistry class through UC Berkeley Extension program online.

They have genetics: https://extension.berkeley.edu/areas-of-study/sciences-mathematics-and-biotechnology.jsp#availableCoursesPSPS0050

Good luck!!

Oh, awesome!! How was biochem through Berkeley? How many hours did you put into it? Was it hard? I've never taken a rigorous online course before. Thank you so much!

Oh, awesome!! How was biochem through Berkeley? How many hours did you put into it? Was it hard? I've never taken a rigorous online course before. Thank you so much!

It was good & it was hard. I did put in a lot of hours, however, I can’t really quantify that as it’s been a few years ago now & I was taking other prerequisites at the same time. I’m full time in PA school now so I guess it worked out ok. In all honesty- I had a Prof w/ a little bit of a language barrier (all of our communication was written), which was where most of my challenge was. Check www.ratemyprofessor.com before taking the final plunge. Good luck!

On 12/29/2017 at 5:59 PM, Jchen14 said:

Hi guys,

How soon are you needing to take this course? If you can hold out, the University of South Carolina Upstate offers Genetics online in Maymester each year. I took it and it was fairly easy. 

On 1/1/2018 at 10:15 PM, mooredc said:

How soon are you needing to take this course? If you can hold out, the University of South Carolina Upstate offers Genetics online in Maymester each year. I took it and it was fairly easy. 

I looked into it and it seems really expensive?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 1/4/2018 at 11:59 AM, Jchen14 said:

I looked into it and it seems really expensive?

Did you end up taking this course? Looking into genetics at Metropolitan Community and came across this thread. Couldn't even find the online genetics class information on their website for USC. 

4 minutes ago, nikki386 said:

As soon as possible. I was planning to apply June/July, and really didn't want to have this one class in progress. But if it comes to that, I guess there isn't much I can do. UC Berkeley seems like a good alternative.

Penn state berks is offering an online genetics class that is from may to june. That was my back up in case the class at USC upstate was full. Look up the class on lionpath.

17 hours ago, Jchen14 said:

I am officially registered for the course! It's only like 3 weeks which is insane. I'm a little nervous for the class to start. It's quite a bit of money since I'm out of state but it's the last class I need.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Glad you were able to get set up for this class! It is really very doable. There are assignments every day, but nothing overwhelming. I got an A with only a couple of hours a day worth of work. 

3 hours ago, DarcyJ said:

Did you take this one or know anyone who has? 

I took it in 2015. The course prefix is BTC (biotechnology), but the content is exactly the same as the BIO 250. 

It was a decent class. Just like every other online course, you'll get out of it what you put into it. 

Archived