Hey Pre-PAs' 

Trying to find a Genetics course 100% online to enroll myself in. The ones I've looked at either  don't offer it or it's class M-F. Please let me know !! And it'd be awesome if it was a community college per cost and a PLUS if it was in TEXAS. So again I need a Genetics 100% online class since that is my only class left in applying for PA Programs.

**I just came out of work so I feel like I'm messaging and then re-stressing the critical lab value to the attending hahaaa while typing this up. 

University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) is completely online and I just finished Human Genetics there. If you're not a MD resident it can be kind of expensive, about $500 a credit and genetics is a 3 credit course. The class was super easy and I learned a lot so I think it may be worth it if you can afford it.

Cuyahoga Community College offers one online with no lab. Bio 2060. Looks like it would cost $813.57 For out of state residents. It fulfills the prereqs for the schools I am applying to after checking in with their admissions offices. Good luck.

Edited by ClevelandJ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@JuliaC I took this class online, and it was 6 weeks long at ASU (Not sure how that compares to Doane). It was hard. Hardest class I have taken thus far actually. Very doable but I will say I probably put in around 12-15 hours a week a a minimum. I think it was just difficult because my course was so short. Best of luck to you. It is doable! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JuliaC said:

Hello!  I'm considering signing up for Genetics @ Doane.  How was it?  How many hours per week did you dedicate to studying/assignments?

It was pretty easy. I liked it because she gives the assignments/quizzes at the beginning of each week and it's all due Sunday at midnight. We learned primarily from the textbook chapters and Youtube videos that the professor posts. The workload is very manageable and I learned a great deal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ReedRoberts said:

It was pretty easy. I liked it because she gives the assignments/quizzes at the beginning of each week and it's all due Sunday at midnight. We learned primarily from the textbook chapters and Youtube videos that the professor posts. The workload is very manageable and I learned a great deal. 

Thank you so much for this.  Very helpful! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...