MGH Institute of Health Professions: Application Cycle 2017-2018

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea we only used CASPA. I think notifications will be through email, all the other communication that was received was through emails. I liked interviewing with this program, it was definitely a positive experience. It showed that the instructors and the students here have character and are comfortable with what they do. At least that's the impressions I got. I wish everyone the best of luck and crossing my fingers for us all.

On 11/9/2017 at 5:55 PM, W323057 said:

Yea we only used CASPA. I think notifications will be through email, all the other communication that was received was through emails. I liked interviewing with this program, it was definitely a positive experience. It showed that the instructors and the students here have character and are comfortable with what they do. At least that's the impressions I got. I wish everyone the best of luck and crossing my fingers for us all.

I agree, I really enjoyed that they made the interview as "non-intimidating" as possible.  My one complaint is that I loved it so much that I am really wasting time clicking the refresh button on my email, waiting for a resonse.  I have heard that they are going to try and let us know before thanksgiving, but if anybody hears anything please PLEASE keep us all updated.  I am sure that I am not the only one that is dying to know.

It was super fun to meet a lot of you all by the way.  Everybody that I met seemed amazing.  I hope to get the chance to meet more of you in the future.  I will keep you all updated as soon as I hear something.  

On 11/9/2017 at 4:04 PM, PolandSprings said:

They will email you telling you a decision has been made. You will then need to login to your account that you used to apply to the school. That’s where he actual decision will be posted. So if you don’t remember your password you should reset it now and write it down.

This is also what I was told by our tour guide. @kbianchi and @W323057 There was an email sent out by Brian Witham asking you to update your contact information, that is the portal we're talking about. 

@nathanmitchell7467 I can't stop checking either ! I truly loved it so much, this program gives me the warm fuzzies!

Interesting, I never did anything through a portal with the program. Vtanguay, do you have the link to the portal? 

I'm glad I'm not the only one constantly checking my email for news. Everyone I met on my interview day seemed really awesome. I also heard that we would hear back in a couple weeks. Maybe we will hear something this week. There goes the nerves again haha.

14 hours ago, W323057 said:

Interesting, I never did anything through a portal with the program. Vtanguay, do you have the link to the portal? 

I'm glad I'm not the only one constantly checking my email for news. Everyone I met on my interview day seemed really awesome. I also heard that we would hear back in a couple weeks. Maybe we will hear something this week. There goes the nerves again haha.

I am glad you said that because I don’t remember getting an email that had me update my profile on any portal, so if somebody does have a link to that, that would be awesome.  It sounds like I am not the only one who was confused by that, I will keep my eye on my email.  

On 11/12/2017 at 10:16 AM, Vtanguay said:

This is also what I was told by our tour guide. @kbianchi and @W323057 There was an email sent out by Brian Witham asking you to update your contact information, that is the portal we're talking about. 

@nathanmitchell7467 I can't stop checking either ! I truly loved it so much, this program gives me the warm fuzzies!

I haven’t received an email regarding a portal. How long ago did you receive that email? I’ll have to call and inquire. At the information gathering between both morning and afternoon sessions on nov 3rd, it was said we would hear back within 2 weeks. It was great meeting many of you on here as well. ?

1 minute ago, eliam22 said:

I applied to MGH last year and they used a portal for everything, including whether or not you got an interview invite or not. This year it has all transferred to email, including our invites, and I assume the admissions decisions will be sent the same way. I will call to clarify and I'll let everyone know...

That would be amazing, thank you for being willing to do that.

1 hour ago, kbianchi said:

I haven’t received an email regarding a portal. How long ago did you receive that email? I’ll have to call and inquire. At the information gathering between both morning and afternoon sessions on nov 3rd, it was said we would hear back within 2 weeks. It was great meeting many of you on here as well. ?

Hey guys, 

I tried to copy the link but can't. If you PM me your email I'll try forwarding it!

Vi

Those who have access to the link or portal are you reapplicants @Vtanguay? I have a feeling maybe the 1st time applicants are only using the e-mail notification process since we were never given a link to a portal. I checked my email and the one from Bryan Witham only suggested I contact admissions with questions but no link was provided. 

Hey everyone, I am a reapplicant and wanted to clarify that the link/portal was the format for last year. I did not receive an e-mail with portal information when I reapplied this year. I have the old e-mail containing the link from last year and it does not work anymore, so I think we can assume that they will e-mail/call us with the decisions this year.

TL;DR: Good luck, and don't stress out if you didn't get an e-mail this year with the link, because I'm pretty sure no one did! lol

Ah ok. Phew that's one less thing to stress about. I thank you for clearing that up. I checked all the emails I received from the school and nothing was there related to a portal. Just like @cmfpdx stated the emails I received said to contact the program via email or phone if there were any questions.

So I asked if there was portal or any other additional site that we'd need to login to, and Lauren replied to my email with:

You won’t have access to anything until final decisions are made. We do expect decisions to be made by the end of the day on Friday.

... so I am not sure if this means we are supposed to have a login or not since she didn't really directly answer? Idk! 

10 minutes ago, eliam22 said:

So I asked if there was portal or any other additional site that we'd need to login to, and Lauren replied to my email with:

You won’t have access to anything until final decisions are made. We do expect decisions to be made by the end of the day on Friday.

... so I am not sure if this means we are supposed to have a login or not since she didn't really directly answer? Idk! 

Thank you! She makes it sound like they will send out all the decisions at once on Friday. That definitely helps ease my anxiety and obsessive compulsive email checking (at least until Friday)!

Good luck guys! We'll all be PA's one day and laugh at how crazy this whole process made us ;P

7 minutes ago, Member12345 said:

Thank you! She makes it sound like they will send out all the decisions at once on Friday. That definitely helps ease my anxiety and obsessive compulsive email checking (at least until Friday)!

Good luck guys! We'll all be PA's one day and laugh at how crazy this whole process made us ;P

Agreed!!! We should just all Be PAs trained at the same school.  You would think knowing the date that a decision will be announced would ease this nervousness...... nope, resting heart rate still feels like it’s going  120.  

45 minutes ago, modernlily16 said:

SOO nerve racking! i wonder if you need both interviewers to say "yes" to you in order to get accepted... i connected really well with one of them, but felt this was due to her cheery and outgoing personality. the other interviewer was more to the point and straight and I felt nervous coming out of that one..

That sums my experience up exactly!!!!

On the bright side, my email inbox has never been so tidy, and...... checked.  I wonder if I will get any sleep tonight? 

That sums my experience up exactly!!!!

On the bright side, my email inbox has never been so tidy, and...... checked.  I wonder if I will get any sleep tonight? 

I’m not too sure if I should be super productive after work tonight so I can knock out really early or just watch some Netflix and eat gelato till the early morning haha. Ahhhhh!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived