MGH Institute of Health Professions: Application Cycle 2017-2018

The first time I got off the waitlist to interview and then was rejected. The second time (last year) I got waitlisted. They did not release the ranking of the waitlist.
They also only have 1 weekend of interviews and everyone finds out if they were invited or on the waitlist to interview and if you hear nothing, you were probably rejected but they send out decisions all on the same day so you just have to wait til then.

So are you saying if we didn't get an interview invite today then we can assume we were rejected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Received an interview invite this morning, but declined so someone else will have an opportunity since I was accepted to my top choice this morning as well. Here are my stats:

cGPA: 2.78
sGPA: 3.86
PCE: 500 hours EMT-B; 6,000 hours ED tech at a Level I trauma center
GRE: 162V 155Q 4.0W
Extracurriculars: Executive board of rehabilitation careers club at university, exercise physiology tutor, honor society member, former board member of municipal council to encourage job growth in STEM fields for young professionals

40 minutes ago, gb_atc said:

Those who got an interview and those who got wait listed do you mind sharing your stats?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

cGPA: 3.4

sGPA: 3.95

PCE: 2000 hours CNA plus 200 hours PA shadowing (3)

GRE: Exempt due to advance degree (International Medical Graduate)

Congrats to all of those who have received interviews, I received one for the 4th and put my stats below for reference. I was hoping somebody could provide some numbers on how many applicants they receive on average versus how many receive interviews. I know there are 50 seats offered to the program. Having been to the campus and living in the area I can tell anybody coming by public transit that the campus is a short walk from the commuter rail's North Station, which is under the TD Garden. North Station has Amtrak trains and can also be reached from Logan airport via the silver line. 

First time applicant

GRE: 153v 147q 4.0w

cGPA: 3.71

sGPA: 3.44

1000 hours PT aid

1000 hours home aid 

200 hours ER Tech

1 hour ago, ClimbingRhino said:

Received an interview invite this morning, but declined so someone else will have an opportunity since I was accepted to my top choice this morning as well. Here are my stats:

cGPA: 2.78
sGPA: 3.86
PCE: 500 hours EMT-B; 6,000 hours ED tech at a Level I trauma center
GRE: 162V 155Q 4.0W
Extracurriculars: Executive board of rehabilitation careers club at university, exercise physiology tutor, honor society member, former board member of municipal council to encourage job growth in STEM fields for young professionals

We would have interviewed at yet another school together!!!

55 minutes ago, pa17 said:

Congrats! Where did you receive your acceptance for other school?

Thanks! I was accepted at Campbell in North Carolina and Rosalind Franklin in Illinois, which was my top choice and where I'll be attending next year. I also interviewed at Towson in Maryland, but they haven't sent out admissions decisions yet.

That is awesome to hear! I am waitlisted for an interview for MGH program, so hoping for best! I also applied to Towson in Maryland in July, however i have not heard back! I emailed about 2 weeks ago and they said my documents have been received and are under review. When did you receive an interview?

Archived