MGH Institute of Health Professions: Application Cycle 2017-2018

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi. I submitted my application in July, but I didn't realize I needed to send in a copy of my Official Transcript until today. 
Does this mean I'm screwed? Everything else is in except for the transcript verification and I already paid to submit my application. It's status says "Received"

8 hours ago, Jess123 said:

Hi. I submitted my application in July, but I didn't realize I needed to send in a copy of my Official Transcript until today. 
Does this mean I'm screwed? Everything else is in except for the transcript verification and I already paid to submit my application. It's status says "Received"

Hey Jess123, your official transcript is definitely required for all programs, and it takes over a week for CASPA to receive and verify. I'm not sure how it allowed you to submit without them..

Here is the help section on how to send them http://help.unicas.com:8888/caspaHelpPages/frequently-asked-questions/how-to-send-transcripts/sending-u-s-canadian-transcripts/index.html

I would contact MGH directly since you already applied, they will be able to tell you whether or not they will review your application. 

Good luck! 

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Weller92tsi said:

I dont know if this helps but I was waitlisted for an interview this morning.  It was still an encourgaging email however because they state its likely a spot for an interview will become available for me.  A matter of time hopefully an Ill be able to interview!

@Weller92tsi When did you submit your application? 

7 minutes ago, Lady_Bug said:

Nice!!! Were you waitlisted the past two times? Did they tell you what number on the waitlist you were?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first time I got off the waitlist to interview and then was rejected. The second time (last year) I got waitlisted. They did not release the ranking of the waitlist.

They also only have 1 weekend of interviews and everyone finds out if they were invited or on the waitlist to interview and if you hear nothing, you were probably rejected but they send out decisions all on the same day so you just have to wait til then.

6 minutes ago, dboulay said:

anyone that has already interviewed can you share any insight as to what we might expect?

It's exactly as it says in the email. 2 individual interviews (1 with a healthcare professional from the area and 1 with a faculty), a group exercise where they watch you solve a problem with your group, an easy writing sample that was straight forward last year (about your healthcare experience), and a Q and A with current students. Nothing crazy. 

Archived