MGH Institute of Health Professions: Application Cycle 2017-2018

4 hours ago, rachelr14 said:

Hey guys,

We could go to DECCA, which is right on the navy yard and less than a 5 minute walk away from MGH. The prices are reasonable, but the place closes at 5PM. My other option is that we could go to Ironside Grille, which is about a 10-15 min walk away. This place has more food to choose from and it closes at 11PM. I recommend that we plan for a late lunch/early dinner (maybe around 3-4PM) to avoid Boston traffic and so people can check out the campus after, if they want.

Let me know which place you prefer! Please respond to this or direct message me no later than Monday morning, so I can get a final count and make a reservation. I look forward to meeting you guys and good luck to everyone with the interviews :)

DECCA: https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/decca-boston?tab=menu

Ironside Grille: http://www.ironsidegrill.com/menu

DECCA sounds good to me, it might be fun to see exactly where we all need to be anyways, so I am totally in for DECCA.  Does anyone have a time in mind that we could meet?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Jdabrowski said:

Any recommendations for a group that looks like 10 people (you included) on the 2nd? @cowles87 @tsteed1993@kristenk@dboulay@kerwinpa@nathanmitchell7467 and anyone else that is available.

Hey guys, I will also be interviewing on the 3rd! Can I get in on this? :)

I actually have a friend in the program now who I will be staying with that weekend but I would love to get a chance to meet you all!

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 8:52 PM, Lady_Bug said:

I'd love to maybe meet after the interview!?

You know, kinda debrief and maybe vent and cry or whatever.

I don't fly out until November 3rd around 9pm so after we the interview that morning id love to meet if any one is interested!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm down to meet up after! Also to ansa78

On 10/27/2017 at 5:05 PM, nathanmitchell7467 said:

DECCA sounds good to me, it might be fun to see exactly where we all need to be anyways, so I am totally in for DECCA.  Does anyone have a time in mind that we could meet?

DECCA works for me. Then we can check out the campus after

1 hour ago, kerwinpa said:

DECCA works for me. Then we can check out the campus after

So far, roughly 10 people have reached out to me and it was split down the middle. I called DECCA and unfortunately they are closing for the season this week. So, I made 4PM reservations at Ironside Grille on Thursday, 11/2. Address is 25 Park St, Charlestown, MA 02129. When you enter, say you're here for "MGH, party of 10." It is 0.5 miles from the campus (10 minute walk or 3 minutes by car). If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free message me. See you guys soon!

On 10/27/2017 at 0:46 PM, rachelr14 said:

Hey guys,

We could go to DECCA, which is right on the navy yard and less than a 5 minute walk away from MGH. The prices are reasonable, but the place closes at 5PM. My other option is that we could go to Ironside Grille, which is about a 10-15 min walk away. This place has more food to choose from and it closes at 11PM. I recommend that we plan for a late lunch/early dinner (maybe around 3-4PM) to avoid Boston traffic and so people can check out the campus after, if they want.

Let me know which place you prefer! Please respond to this or direct message me no later than Monday morning, so I can get a final count and make a reservation. I look forward to meeting you guys and good luck to everyone with the interviews :)

DECCA: https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/decca-boston?tab=menu

Ironside Grille: http://www.ironsidegrill.com/menu

Hey all! if anyone is still following this thread (i haven't been in a few weeks) feel free to shoot me a text. Im in town today and have the day to explore. Myself and one other applicant have plans to meet up in the PM for coffee and a stroll near the campus. Let's meet up! If we don't hear from you, good luck tomorrow!!

-Tom 916-203-4942

1 hour ago, alexsip said:

Hi guys, I am interviewing Saturday at 11. I am willing to meet up tomorrow morning beforehand if anyone wants to. 

I'm planning to get to the area pretty early tomorrow before our interview, there is a Dunkin Donuts directly across the street from the lobby we will be meeting in, and a few beautiful places to sit and chat beforehand! (I got to see the campus on Wednesday) I'll be around if anyone wants to get rid of some nerves or just get to know one another quickly!!

Violette

11 hours ago, foreverPA said:

How did it go for everyone? I thought the interview process was very smooth! And I liked how the writing sample and the Q&A with the 2nd years were before the actual interviews. Definitely calmed the nerves. NOW, a different type of waiting begins! Good luck to everyone! :D

I agree! I enjoyed the interview process there. Now we wait to hear back. They said we should hear back within 2 weeks of our interviews. Good luck everyone :)

Archived