MGH Institute of Health Professions: Application Cycle 2017-2018

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Jdabrowski said:

Someone on the waitlist will get an email very soon of an acceptance. With the difficult decision, I have declined my offer of admission and will be attending school in NC. Good luck to everyone on the list!

Alright! Congrats on multiple offers, that is super cool, and THANK YOU for releasing one more person from the waitlist.  If anyone hears back, post it here.  I know that I will be consistently checking my email.

Hey, I am sure that nobody has heard much news because of that crazy blizzard storm.  My prayers are with those in that area, I lost a home because of a flood, it is more difficult than most realize.  I hope all is well there, and as much as I want to hear back about the waitlist, I understand that it may not be their priority at the moment.

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, paprogramfinder said:

Has anyone been pulled from the waitlist? Anyone have any idea how long the waitlist is?

If someone has, they haven't mentioned it on this forum, but I would love it if people did get pulled off to keep us all updated.  I have no idea exactly how long the waitlist is but just based off of some other waitlisted candidates I have talked to, I would guess at least 15-20 people, maybe more.  The waiting game is killer though!! If anyone hears anything, keep us updated.  I looked at forums from previous years, and it seems like March seems to be the month that most hear back, but I am not sure if that will be the case for this year or not.  Good luck everyone, stay optimistic.  I know I am trying to.

• 5 months later...
5 hours ago, hkstacky said:

Did anyone from last years application not respond to the diversity question on CASPA? I know it doesn't say mandatory and I was wondering if anyone has any insight on responding to this question or not? Thank you!

Here is my 2 cents, I think it is a great opportunity to explain to the program what makes you unique as an applicant, and this can be in just about any respect.  I, for example, spoke about my religious background, and why it would add to the diversity of the program, and how it has also helped me to become a stronger applicant.  I would definitely use this question to tell the program a little more about your unique attributes that make you an ideal applicant, and would try my hardest to not leave it blank.  Hopefully this is helpful.

Archived