West Liberty University 2017-2018 application cycle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Dmorriston said:

Nope. I was thinking about emailing tomorrow to ask about when invites might go out since the website says the interview process starts in September. 

okay let me know if you email them... i was thinking of calling too. especially since someone on here said first interviews are sept 8?! seems so soon to have not heard anything.

On 8/31/2017 at 4:50 PM, psych2PA said:

@FunkyMedic Congrats on the interview! and wow thats incredibly short notice! Would you mind sharing when you were complete/verified and possibly your stats if you don't mind? Just curious to see where I stand.

On 8/31/2017 at 11:23 AM, G2frank said:

Can't say I'm not happy for you, hope I hear from them as well. 

Please keep us here posted. 

Are you a current WLU student?

I am not a WLU student, I did my undergrad at UNCW in Wilmington NC

I was verified in CASPA on 6/19

I am an Army veteran, 82nd ABN from 2006-2010, NC National Guard from '10-14 

cGPA: 3.09 (I hope this gives people some hope, I dropped out of CC in '05-'06 before I enlisted)

sGPA: 3.49

>3K hrs as a full time paramedic.

1 other interview so far at a small NC school I haven't heard back from yet (but it doesn't look good because others have already received acceptance letters)

Good Luck Everybody.

All,

I have an interview coming up this week and was just wondering if anybody could shed some light on the early interview/admissions timeline at WLU.  I am assuming that they use early interviews as a way to slim the candidate pool early and reduce their workload throughout the admissions process.  However they say they DO NOT use rolling admissions so do they just identify who they will send offers to at the early interview and hold out until the deadline is passed or do they consider all candidates as part of one pool once the deadline is passed.

Thanks in advance and good luck to all.

On 9/4/2017 at 9:02 PM, FunkyMedic said:

All,

I have an interview coming up this week and was just wondering if anybody could shed some light on the early interview/admissions timeline at WLU.  I am assuming that they use early interviews as a way to slim the candidate pool early and reduce their workload throughout the admissions process.  However they say they DO NOT use rolling admissions so do they just identify who they will send offers to at the early interview and hold out until the deadline is passed or do they consider all candidates as part of one pool once the deadline is passed.

Thanks in advance and good luck to all.

They do use rolling admissions. This is from their FAQ's page.... 

IMG_4577.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2017 at 10:55 PM, Acall01 said:

I understand we were the first group of interviews, but there's no way I could wait until January or even a few more weeks. I'm hoping no news is good news and not bad news.

Yeah it's rough, but ultimately it's out of our control now.  Find a hobby (besides incessantly refreshing your e-mails) to make the days go by.

Archived