2017-18 Application Cycle

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, zrader said:

Call from a 205 number:

Me: Hello?

205: Who names their kid Storm?

Hahaha, I’m in!!!!!! Yes that was the first thing he said to me hahahaha. (Storm is my middle name and apparently my new name while I’m in the program)

SO STOKED

I knew you’d get a call. Congrats!  

Congratulations to everyone so far!

2 minutes ago, TCU2010 said:

After interviewing last year and getting a denial... I got the call tonight!! So excited and grateful and shocked!! ??

Congrats!!

I interviewed last year and was waitlisted.  Then finally denied in July.  So I am very excited to get the acceptance call today!

Imagine waiting for 8 months for the possible call to get a seat off the waitlist... It was torture.

17 minutes ago, WonderWall said:

Anxious for sure. Do posters on the board know anything about the waitlist at UAB? Is it pretty active or do most accepted students take their seats?

They said at our interview that some years they only burn through a couple spots and other years they have burned through over half of it. Just depends on the year. 

7 minutes ago, bmije007 said:

Is it taboo to call them and ask if you got in? I'm sure others are in the same boat as me, but I have offers from other schools and have to let them know early next week. 

If they give you an answer let me know because I'm in the same boat about trying to book flights for another interview if I didn't get in 

Archived