2017-18 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2017 at 3:07 AM, mtorr_ca said:

Does it matter if I mail out my supplemental before I submit my CASPA application? 

I would try to send your CASPA first, but if you want to go ahead and submit your supplemental I don't think it would be a problem.  I would just email them to make sure.

• 2 months later...

Per the 2016-2017 class statistics 50 of the 88 students were  Alabama residents, 38 from out of state and the class before that had 39 Alabama Residents and 41 from out of state.  It appears that they look for the best students for their program. The statistics are in the link below.

http://www.uab.edu/shp/cds/physician-assistant/admissions

• Upvote 1

On September 27, 2017 at 6:47 AM, WonderWall said:

In case anyone has some insights:

Does the UA-B program favor students wanting to go into surgical specialties for admission over students with other interests?

How many applicants are interviewed in a normal year?

They do not favor based on the specialty  you're interested in. They have moved away from being a strictly surgical program.

They interview about 2.5x the number of people they need to fill the class.

Hope this helps.

• Upvote 1