2017-18 Application Cycle

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, WonderWall said:

Did I understand correctly that there is a writing portion of the interview? Is that an essay with a prompt? I know different programs do this in somewhat different ways. 

The interview invite indicated that there would be some sort of 'writing exercise'. I'm under the impression that it will be an essay with a prompt. Perhaps like the GRE!

10 hours ago, WonderWall said:

Did I understand correctly that there is a writing portion of the interview? Is that an essay with a prompt? I know different programs do this in somewhat different ways. 

Yes, you will be given a current medical issue to respond to. It’s really no big deal, they just want to make sure you can form a complete thought, that you wrote your own personal statement, etc. There is no right or wrong answer to the question they ask you, and it’s not something you can study for or anything like that!

On 10/20/2017 at 11:53 AM, Roadtopaspac said:

I talked to Mrs. Glasscock and she said invites will be going out until the 23rd of October. 

Im assuming, which is awful to do, but if we don't hear by the 23rd we may have been rejected or possibly waitlisted for those that have declined interviews? How nerve wrecking is all this. Good luck to all who have received invites. 

1 hour ago, Carson83 said:

Im assuming, which is awful to do, but if we don't hear by the 23rd we may have been rejected or possibly waitlisted for those that have declined interviews? How nerve wrecking is all this. Good luck to all who have received invites. 

The "good" news is that 2017-11-07 is the last interview day, period, so whatever they do after the 2017-10-23, we either a) will know we got an interview within 2 weeks, or b) we'll know we're rejected and won't have to waste time hoping in vain after 2 weeks.

I do hope you get one on Monday and that this is a moot point, however. I'm right there with you in the nerve-wracking waiting.

After much consideration, I turned down my interview invite to UAB after accepting at a different school. I absolutely loved interviewing at UAB last year and wish everyone the best of luck! So to those still waiting there's at least my spot left (and I'm sure others as well!) Don't lose hope yet :) 

Archived