2017-18 Application Cycle

On 12/7/2017 at 9:22 PM, futurepa707 said:

I spoke to the operator in the school of Health Professions and she told me that the only denial letters that have been sent were to the people who did not interview. She also said that everyone who interviewed and was not contacted already with an acceptance call is in limbo until accepted applicants accept or forfeit their seat. 

Thanks for sharing that information. Unfortunately, a denial letter so late in December will be like a lump of coal in the Christmas stocking! I wonder how many accepted students forfeit seats. Probably different every year, I guess.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for sharing that information. Unfortunately, a denial letter so late in December will be like a lump of coal in the Christmas stocking! I wonder how many accepted students forfeit seats. Probably different every year, I guess.

One of my friends who is a second year told me nearly everyone on the waitlist received an acceptance call the year she applied. She got a call in May. There was one girl who received a call 2 weeks before orientation. So I would say- yes it is different every year, because I assume every year was not like that. However, I do think we all have some hope!!! Let’s try to enjoy the Christmas season and..... ask Santa for a phone call [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, PA1760 said:

I got my waitlist email this afternoon. Keep a lookout for an email hopefully soon!

I got my waitlist email this afternoon as well and I also have been in touch with Drace who said they haven’t had anyone turn down a spot so they have not had to pull any one from waitlist yet :( 

11 minutes ago, pastu727 said:

I got my waitlist email this afternoon as well and I also have been in touch with Drace who said they haven’t had anyone turn down a spot so they have not had to pull any one from waitlist yet :( 

Thanks for sharing that. Do you think that means everyones paid the deposit or no one has rejected the invite? How big is the waitlist?

3 hours ago, WonderWall said:

Thanks for sharing that. Do you think that means everyones paid the deposit or no one has rejected the invite? How big is the waitlist?

No idea- if I had to guess I’m thinking just no one has said no yet since they have until dec 18- people might be waiting it out to hear from other schools 

4 hours ago, pastu727 said:

Did Drace clarify whether or not he has completed all of the initial acceptance calls? I assume so, but what does it mean if we have not gotten a call or an email? Does this mean a denial letter is in the mail? 

Did Drace clarify whether or not he has completed all of the initial acceptance calls? I assume so, but what does it mean if we have not gotten a call or an email? Does this mean a denial letter is in the mail? 

This is what I’m assuming too.... I’m just think though... so I’m trying to stay positive until I hold a denial in my hand.

13 minutes ago, mariargreene said:

This is what I’m assuming too.... I’m just think though... so I’m trying to stay positive until I hold a denial in my hand.

All initial calls are done! Idk about waitlist/denial! I was under the impression that if you interviewed you automatically got waitlisted but I'm not sure! 

11 hours ago, Alagdpa said:

I got a waitlist email at around 3:20 central time as well! 

It looks like the waitlist emails were sent at the same time yesterday. Would love to know if anyone could be pulled from waitlist before January, but probably not since, according to another poster the postmark date for deposits is December 18 and then there is the holiday break. 

It looks like the waitlist emails were sent at the same time yesterday. Would love to know if anyone could be pulled from waitlist before January, but probably not since, according to another poster the postmark date for deposits is December 18 and then there is the holiday break. 

I am hoping for another email sent out today!

Archived