2017-18 Application Cycle

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WonderWall said:

Are decisions based on the interview alone, or are other aspects of the application still considered in the final decision? Maybe no one knows this, but I was just curious.

From everything we've been told, they use a very holistic process, so I can't imagine that they would completely disregard everything that was done prior to the interview. Especially since the interviews were pretty brief. I think it's probably a type of scoring system where different things weigh different percentages and the interview is just a large part of that. 

From what I’ve been told, each interviewer scores you on a rubric - most of this is based off of stuff from your resume and application, but then a couple of the points are from the interview itself (not a huge amount compared to how much the other categories are weighed). So I would assume that they rank by total points and then discuss the candidates? 

5 minutes ago, ccbragg said:

Does anyone know if they’re calling everyone tonight or if they’ll make calls tomorrow as well? This anxiety is so bad for me lol

I’m pretty sure they make calls over a few days, especially because of what one poster said that they haven’t made half the calls. But I’m right there with you!! This waiting and uncertainty is excruciating

3 minutes ago, zrader said:

Call from a 205 number:

Me: Hello?

205: Who names their kid Storm?

Hahaha, I’m in!!!!!! Yes that was the first thing he said to me hahahaha. (Storm is my middle name and apparently my new name while I’m in the program)

SO STOKED

Haha!  Yeah, he did that to me too today. My middle name is Kalani. 

Congrats!!

24 minutes ago, zrader said:

Call from a 205 number:

Me: Hello?

205: Who names their kid Storm?

Hahaha, I’m in!!!!!! Yes that was the first thing he said to me hahahaha. (Storm is my middle name and apparently my new name while I’m in the program)

SO STOKED

CONGRATS to you!!! :) 

Archived