Virginia: EVMS CASPA Cycle for Class of 2021

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah LOL my boys are 6, 5, 4, and 10 months :-).... Last years app process was a great experience! I am frequently in contact with Advisers Jason and Rose lol they are sooo tired of hearing from me. My feedback from last year was that i just needed more paid direct patient care hours, not knowing that caspa had classified my job 2000+ hours as VOLUNTEER in my app some how *sigh* but i wasnt discouraged by that at all to reapply this year! I have A's in all of my prereqs so im praying ill get offered another interview without any Caspa errors this year! :-)

The environment of the interviews is very laid back and welcoming yet nerve wrecking at the same time if that makes any sense. The best suggestion i can give you is to BE YOURSELF, they aren't really looking for who knows the most they know you are smart from your application hence why you were chosen for an interview. They want to see your genuine passion for the field, the understanding of the role as a PA in unison with doctoral staff and the importance the advancements in the PA field and the general capabilities/limitations that are constantly being expounded upon making PA's almost synonymous with MD in their roles/permitted abilities within the field. The goal of the interviews is to find candidates that best fit the incoming matriculating class, we are all only competing to get accepted. Once you're in its a different story, you must be able to utilize the strengths of the cohort of students accepted that you may lack to allow you to persevere through the program ie study group, peer reviews. The classes themselves will be challenging enough they just want to ensure you are up for the challenge. Show them that you are!!!!!

Oh wow! Thanks for the info and advice! Bummer about your paid work hours in CASPA.

That's pretty impressive what you've been able to accomplish so far with 4 young children. I started back in school when mine were 8 and 3. I got my bachelor's degree the year before I had my oldest, so I was taking just prerequisites.

What is your experience for your PCE hours?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hi guys. I thought to share this in case any of you guys are interested. I signed up and joined a webinar that will be hosted by the EVMS MPA Program. In short, they’ll be discussing about the PA profession and the program itself and if you have any questions, they’ll be willing to answer during the webinar. It’s also a perfect time to get to know the faculty in my opinion as well. I know that some of you guys are living out-of-state (like me ?) or have a hard time coming into the informational meetings they hold on campus so the fact that they’re holding a webnair is awesome and I thought it would be a good idea to share! The upcoming one is Monday, April 16th at 12:00 PM EST. I’ll provide the link below if you guys want to join in! They also have other dates included if you’re unable to attend this one. 

https://www.evms.edu/education/masters_programs/physician_assistant_program/admissions_information/information_sessions/ 

I also attached the email I received from them regarding the webnair. Hope this helps you guys!! 

69986874-136D-43B4-8DAF-F9187EE8F648.png

Is that before or after your interview?! [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If I get an interview the information session would be before the interviews. From previous years it seems like people are notified of interviews early June and interviews are mid July.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, PAD2018 said:

Hey everyone! I know we won't be hearing back about receiving an interview for a few weeks still, but has anyone gotten any other information from EVMS? Any emails about their application being under review or verified or anything?

Yes, I got an email about a week ago saying that everything has been verified or approved and that decisions for interviews will go out in June 2018.  Super exciting!  

2 hours ago, FuturePA2021 said:

I received an additional update after I received the one above... which says interviews are July 13,14, & 16! All applicants should have a final decision of who will be offered an interview by mid-June.

Eek! I didn't get the second one. Off to check my spam folder. 

I received that email Jan. 22 (1/22/18). I don’t know if everyone received it the same time but that’s when I received it. It could be different for anyone who applied later than that? Then again it depends on when you guys submitted your CASPA application. For me, I submitted it in December. This is the email I got. Where they mention about interview dates is in the 3rd image I posted. Hope this helps! :)

EA6B6C4C-160C-4A7A-9FD3-257594F8119F.png

035A90B5-0F70-470D-B6FF-7E764AE2A764.png

7F659B41-B266-4A28-9A93-4D574FC7BCB2.png

EF6D039F-735E-4179-99E1-5CC5E61BB922.png

On 4/22/2018 at 12:43 PM, angkthomas said:

I received that email Jan. 22 (1/22/18). I don’t know if everyone received it the same time but that’s when I received it. It could be different for anyone who applied later than that? Then again it depends on when you guys submitted your CASPA application. For me, I submitted it in December. This is the email I got. Where they mention about interview dates is in the 3rd image I posted. Hope this helps! :)

EA6B6C4C-160C-4A7A-9FD3-257594F8119F.png

035A90B5-0F70-470D-B6FF-7E764AE2A764.png

7F659B41-B266-4A28-9A93-4D574FC7BCB2.png

EF6D039F-735E-4179-99E1-5CC5E61BB922.png

I got that same email January 22, 2018 as well.

Archived