South University Applicants for Jan 2018 Start

I was waitlisted as well from the July 25th interview!!

Did anyone from the waitlist get an email asking for an update? I got one this afternoon and jumped for joy thinking they were updating me, but instead they wanted me to update them if I was still interested in remaining on the wait list [emoji23] By golly I sure am still interested- LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone from the waitlist get an email asking for an update? I got one this afternoon and jumped for joy thinking they were updating me, but instead they wanted me to update them if I was still interested in remaining on the wait list [emoji23] By golly I sure am still interested- LOL

Yep, I got that email too!

On 8/9/2017 at 11:20 AM, mohsderm2016 said:

Anyone else a late applicant to this program? I got an email that my GRE scores were missing, and confirmed that they were sent through ETS. However cannot contact the program by phone or email to verify. Hoping that I at least have a shot at an interview here because this looks like an awesome program!

I applied late. They sent me this email and that is it so far.

"This letter confirms receipt of your CASPA application for the South University Physician Assistant Program for the class beginning January 2018. If you have not already done so, please have your official GRE scores sent to us as soon as possible using school code 0454. 

The application review process for the class starting January 2018 is under way.  We plan to begin interviews in July and continue through October 2017.  If you have been selected for an interview by the Admissions Committee, you will be notified by phone and email of the date and time.

Due to the volume of applications we expect to receive this year, we will not be able to give you the status of your application or your GRE scores being received."

24 minutes ago, SamanthaLW said:

I applied late. They sent me this email and that is it so far.

"This letter confirms receipt of your CASPA application for the South University Physician Assistant Program for the class beginning January 2018. If you have not already done so, please have your official GRE scores sent to us as soon as possible using school code 0454. 

The application review process for the class starting January 2018 is under way.  We plan to begin interviews in July and continue through October 2017.  If you have been selected for an interview by the Admissions Committee, you will be notified by phone and email of the date and time.

Due to the volume of applications we expect to receive this year, we will not be able to give you the status of your application or your GRE scores being received."

Thanks for this! This is the only email I received:

"Dear Applicant:

Thank you for your interest in the South University Physician Assistant program. While screening your application, we have noticed that you are missing an official GRE score. Unfortunately, until we receive this information we cannot fully review your application for admission.  Please contact ETS and have your scores sent to us ASAP. The code for South University Tampa is 0454.

Thank you,

South University - Tampa

Physician Assistant Program

Admissions Committeeopen?upn=XhE04qAoo1bGlAz7rbjZb9pSF42z0cj"

I'm assuming that since I verified through ETS that scores were sent that my application is under review. I have contacted PA program admissions via phone and email w/o response. Guess if I'm offered an interview then that will be when I hear from them! Good luck to you!

I accepted my offer on 08/28. However, I sent my check and the paperwork they requested. I called two days after to confirm if they received my deposit and paperwork. No one picked up the phone call; I also sent an email with no response as of yet. I was wondering for those who have been accepted if you got confirmation that they received your deposit and paper work.

3 hours ago, remyotero said:

I accepted my offer on 08/28. However, I sent my check and the paperwork they requested. I called two days after to confirm if they received my deposit and paperwork. No one picked up the phone call; I also sent an email with no response as of yet. I was wondering for those who have been accepted if you got confirmation that they received your deposit and paper work.

I also sent in my deposit and acceptance paper work with no response. I had several questions last week and since Yvonne never responded to my email or call I had to physically stop by the school to ask a question. They said they were busy conducting interviews all week. They are very difficult to get ahold of. 

11 hours ago, remyotero said:

I received a letter in the mail about a week after submitting my payment. It was basically just an official acceptance letter. I would continue to try and speak with Yvonne if possible. You may even want to try looking up Tampa's finance department and call to see if they have your deposit. 

2 hours ago, Miked said:

I received a letter in the mail about a week after submitting my payment. It was basically just an official acceptance letter. I would continue to try and speak with Yvonne if possible. You may even want to try looking up Tampa's finance department and call to see if they have your deposit. 

I got waitlisted and I emailed them about where to send my transcripts with no response. I had called and emailed them before about the background check/finger prints and never received a response either.

I just emailed Yvonne to give up my place on the wait list. I've been accepted to another program that is a better fit for me. I hope this allows another great candidate the chance to proceed!! Best of luck to you all!

Congratulations on getting accepted to a program that will be a great fit for you! I wish you all the best on this next part of your journey!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2017 at 8:53 AM, Miked said:

I noticed that they have processed my deposit (on 9/08) but I still haven't received any further correspondence. I have tried to call the school, but no answer. I really need to know if I should get started with financial aid, etc. Do you know anything about this process?

15 minutes ago, evanderburg said:

I noticed that they have processed my deposit (on 9/08) but I still haven't received any further correspondence. I have tried to call the school, but no answer. I really need to know if I should get started with financial aid, etc. Do you know anything about this process?

I never received an official acceptance letter either if this is what you're talking about. I already went ahead and submitted a FASFA just to be safe. You've been accepted and you know it, so might as well get a head start on things! What else were you hesitant to get started on?

5 hours ago, evanderburg said:

I do not know anything specifically about the process, however I think there is still time to look into financial aid and other options. I remember someone saying that we would receive further information in October. I believe they are waiting on the last remaining interviews to send all of the correspondence out at one time. Many of those accepted may be getting into other programs and the committee is likely attempting to wait a little closer to the start date to get everything going. 

47 minutes ago, JarrodKearney said:

I got a call from Yvonne this morning and they're offering me a seat! Good luck to everyone.

Congrats on your acceptance. Were you able to answer the call or did she leave a message? I received a call this morning, but her message just asked that I call her back. Has anyone received a phone call for any reason other than an interview invite or an acceptance offer?

10 minutes ago, HopefulPAS said:

Interviewed 8/31 and was offered a seat this morning! Excited but anxious because I am still waiting to hear from other schools. Anyone else in the same boat?

I am and I see your concern. I look at the fact that I have one week to accept so I am going for it despite the non refundable deposit. 

2 hours ago, SKeen said:

Congrats on your acceptance. Were you able to answer the call or did she leave a message? I received a call this morning, but her message just asked that I call her back. Has anyone received a phone call for any reason other than an interview invite or an acceptance offer?

I missed her call and she just left a generic message to call back. She didn't mention the acceptance until I called her back later. Good luck!!

2 hours ago, HopefulPAS said:

I missed her call and she just left a generic message to call back. She didn't mention the acceptance until I called her back later. Good luck!!

Thanks for the information. I'm still waiting for a return call, but at least this sounds like it's a positive situation. 

Archived