South University Applicants for Jan 2018 Start

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, menehunemed said:

Congratulations! When did you interview? Did they say anything about your ranking on the waitlist?

I interviewed 7/27, and no they did not say anything about rank. Yvonne just called and offered me a seat, which I accepted. I am not sure how many of the seats are filled, but I would assume they would pull a few off of the waitlist. 

1 hour ago, jellingson0830 said:

I interviewed 7/27, and no they did not say anything about rank. Yvonne just called and offered me a seat, which I accepted. I am not sure how many of the seats are filled, but I would assume they would pull a few off of the waitlist. 

Awesome! Congrats again! It's reassuring to know that they're already accepting applicants off of the waitlist. 

16 minutes ago, Path2PA said:

Can someone figure out what would happen if they lose accreditation during the December meeting? How quickly would it go into affect? Would our class be grandfathered in or just the classes that have already matriculated? 

I spoke to the President of the Campus last week and he told me that the school has been approved by the regional accreditors. They are now owned by Dream Center. He also said he doesn't see any hindrances to school. The PA program has 100 % pass rate to the PANCE  exams, and it was also re-accredited for the next ten years. The sale of the school is complete. I doubt the school would lose accreditation. 

Received an acceptance yesterday! Interviewed 7/25 and was put on the wait list. I am accepting the spot :) Can't wait to meet the rest of our class of 2020!

Congrats!!! I too interviewed in July and was waitlisted. Did you ever send them an updated letter of interest while you were on the waitlist?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/31/2017 at 8:32 AM, VaroR97 said:

I spoke to the President of the Campus last week and he told me that the school has been approved by the regional accreditors. They are now owned by Dream Center. He also said he doesn't see any hindrances to school. The PA program has 100 % pass rate to the PANCE  exams, and it was also re-accredited for the next ten years. The sale of the school is complete. I doubt the school would lose accreditation. 

I'm aware of this. I'm asking, worst case scenario, what would happen to our class if they decide on revoking accreditation. No one seems to have these answers and this is our future that we're dealing with. I need to know if I should go to my other interviews as a back up or if I can feel confident that our class will be okay. 

2 hours ago, Path2PA said:

I'm aware of this. I'm asking, worst case scenario, what would happen to our class if they decide on revoking accreditation. No one seems to have these answers and this is our future that we're dealing with. I need to know if I should go to my other interviews as a back up or if I can feel confident that our class will be okay. 

Worst case scenario would be that the program would close. However, it would not make sense for SACS to revoke the accreditation since they approved of the sale of the school. 

Archived