South University Applicants for Jan 2018 Start

21 hours ago, jnguyenv said:

Hello! Slightly confused about the potential accreditation loss. When I interviewed on 7/27, the whole faculty was excited about their re-accreditation in March 2017. From which source is everyone hearing about losing accreditation? 

Also, for those interviewing later this month, can you ask someone about this issue? Thanks!

Hey! Sorry for the confusion. I think Acap answered your question though.

Although the West Palm incident is different because it was dealing with accreditation issues through the ARC-PA, it still can be used as a precautionary tale of what could happen. The West Palm PA students were basically in Limbo for 9 months awaiting to start classes as they were told something along the lines of that there shouldn't be any issues with accreditation.

What strikes me as concerning in the email that was posted earlier in this thread was the quote, "We do not anticipate that this will affect the PA class beginning in January 2018". The fact that they can not definitively say that it will not affect the class is an issue and raises many questions on how to plan for the future.

Should I hold off on signing a lease?

Should I apply to more schools in case this falls through? (which is expensive)

If I decide to go to another school will I get my deposit back considering the uncertainty?

What do I tell my current employer who will begin interviewing qualified candidates to replace me in the upcoming months?

Should I try and improve my resume in the event I have to reapply next cycle or just gamble that this is going to work out?

I believe there should be more transparency with what exactly is going on.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SjohnPA87 said:

Although the West Palm incident is different because it was dealing with accreditation issues through the ARC-PA, it still can be used as a precautionary tale of what could happen. The West Palm PA students were basically in Limbo for 9 months awaiting to start classes as they were told something along the lines of that there shouldn't be any issues with accreditation.

What strikes me as concerning in the email that was posted earlier in this thread was the quote, "We do not anticipate that this will affect the PA class beginning in January 2018". The fact that they can not definitively say that it will not affect the class is an issue and raises many questions on how to plan for the future.

If I decide to go to another school will I get my deposit back considering the uncertainty?

What do I tell my current employer who will begin interviewing qualified candidates to replace me in the upcoming months?

Should I try and improve my resume in the event I have to reapply next cycle or just gamble that this is going to work out?

As an accepted south-wpb student who is currently waiting to hear back from other south campuses on my interview decision I think I can answer a lot of your questions. I don't want to take up room on here so if you want to email me at jordin_ellingson@hotmail.com you're more than welcomed to! And that goes for anyone else who would like to talk about the issue! 

On 8/18/2017 at 9:34 AM, SjohnPA87 said:

It seems like I will have a lot to reconsider. Thank you for your honest input.

Received a call today inviting me to interview the 24th which is literally two days from now. I'm surprised they gave me an interview on such short notice. I wasn't able to pick up the phone call since I was at work but will be calling them back tomorrow to see if I can reschedule.

CASPA verified: 7/24

18 minutes ago, nvocgka said:

Ah! I just called them back and they said all interview slots are full and that they are currently filling up any cancelled slots. I will be waiting for an October interview date.

Wow that's too bad. You'd think they'd at least give you a day to call back! Did they tell you that they were definitely interviewing through October?

Just now, mohsderm2016 said:

Wow that's too bad. You'd think they'd at least give you a day to call back! Did they tell you that they were definitely interviewing through October?

They have a list of people that they are going to call for interviews if a slot opens. I guess I'll be next on the list in October. Otherwise, I guess someone else will have the August 24th date!

15 minutes ago, Akv12c said:

Waitlist as well. Email sent this morning and interviewed Aug 15. 

I got waitlisted, as well. Take this with a grain of salt (there is no evidence behind it), but I wonder if they waitlisted most of the students they were planning to deny in anticipation that a lot of the accepted students will drop due to speculation that South is losing accreditation?

I got waitlisted, as well. Take this with a grain of salt (there is no evidence behind it), but I wonder if they waitlisted most of the students they were planning to deny in anticipation that a lot of the accepted students will drop due to speculation that South is losing accreditation?

Interviewed on July 25th and got the waitlisted email today :( Did anyone get an actual denial after interviewing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interviewed 8/15 and I was offered a seat on Monday! 99% sure I will be accepting! Congrats to anyone else that was offered a seat!

Congrats!! It is an exciting time and enjoy the moment. Hopefully we'll be in the same boat. I enjoyed the interview process, the faculty, and current students at SU Tamps. Again, congratulations [emoji106][emoji322].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived