South University Applicants for Jan 2018 Start

On 10/4/2017 at 1:31 PM, ndiehl87 said:

Has anyone from the waiting list heard back yet? I've tried to email/call to see where I'm at on the list, but haven't heard anything. Also, does anyone know the specific mailing address where we need to send our official transcripts?

Are you sending your transcripts now even though you're on the waitlist just to get it out of the way in hopes that you're accepted? 

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, mwilson1 said:

Are you sending your transcripts now even though you're on the waitlist just to get it out of the way in hopes that you're accepted? 

Yes. I finally got the mailing address, I have 3 transcripts to send and I wanted to make sure they all got to the right place. DM me if you need it.

Yes. I finally got the mailing address, I have 3 transcripts to send and I wanted to make sure they all got to the right place. DM me if you need it.

Are these updated transcripts or official transcripts that you are sending? I am waitlisted too and just want to be as prepared as possible if I should get the call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are these updated transcripts or official transcripts that you are sending? I am waitlisted too and just want to be as prepared as possible if I should get the call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big News:

If anyone is curious about the acquisition of EDMC (South University's Parent Company) by Dream Center, here is an update from yesterday: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/education-management-corporation-completes-sale-of-assets-to-dream-center-foundation-continues-educating-students-of-remaining-schools-300538411.html

This should be really good for South University because EDMC, their previous company was under a one-year probation for financial issues. From my understanding, this acquisition was an effort to save the schools from any negative effects that could come about from this probation. 

17 hours ago, EagerPA said:

Good news. South University is now a Privately Owned, “Non-Profit” Institution. It is now owned by Dream Center Foundation Holdings, LLC. Great news for students and staff!

Not so fast, the sale has to be approved by multiple accreditory agencies 

2 hours ago, kcaspa77 said:

Congrats! Has anyone from 10/10 received an acceptance? I only know of people who got the waitlist so it doesn't make sense that they would send waitlist out before acceptances! 

I was actually wondering the same thing as I did not receive a reject or wait list E-Mail either. 

1 hour ago, iconic said:

Not so fast, the sale has to be approved by multiple accreditory agencies 

No it is actually done, the sale and purchase is completed!! Read attached news article. Also the accrediting body for the school as a whole (SOC) meets twice a year and based upon initial reviews it is anticipated they will lift probationary status at their Dec. 2017 meeting! I am speaking of the accrediting body that governs the southeast (Tampa, etc). The sale was completed only after also receiving US Dept of Education Approval!

http://m.onenewspage.com/n/Press+Releases/75eh244p2/Based-Dream-Center-Foundation-Completes-Transition.htm

14 hours ago, EagerPA said:

No it is actually done, the sale and purchase is completed!! Read attached news article. Also the accrediting body for the school as a whole (SOC) meets twice a year and based upon initial reviews it is anticipated they will lift probationary status at their Dec. 2017 meeting! I am speaking of the accrediting body that governs the southeast (Tampa, etc). The sale was completed only after also receiving US Dept of Education Approval!

http://m.onenewspage.com/n/Press+Releases/75eh244p2/Based-Dream-Center-Foundation-Completes-Transition.htm

It makes no sense - if SOC meets twice a year, and the parent company just reached the deal with the Dream Center, how could the regional accreditor have possibly reviewed the deal already? It even says in the article that the transition of individual schools will happen over months pending the accreditor approval. I would wait for the official word by SOC in December.

http://www.post-gazette.com/business/career-workplace/2017/10/18/EDMC-completes-sale-of-schools-to-Dream-Center-Art-Institute/stories/201710180113

"In addition, regional accreditors for South University still have to approve the sale.

EDMC acknowledged in a press release that “certain schools will remain part of EDMC until they too are acquired by The Dream Center Foundation within the next several months.”

Yes, But it is clearly stated in numerous news articles previously shown as well as updates to South’s website that Dream Center Foundation Holdings, LLC is NOW the owner of “South University” and as such a non-profit institution, period!! The lifting of probation by SOC is pending and full accreditation is anticipated in December. Don’t know why you are resisting the obvious notifications in the news articles as it is clear to any reader that the sale and purchase of “SOUTH University” is FINAL, and it is NO LONGER owned by EDMC! Sale/New owner and the lifting of probationary accreditation are two different things! Everything that has happened in this process has progressed favorably and uncertain as to why you sound like you want it to fail, don’t be a naysayer in light of this positive momentum unless you have some other motive to see it fail!

On 10/22/2017 at 2:19 AM, iconic said:

EDMC acknowledged in a press release that “certain schools will remain part of EDMC until they too are acquired by The Dream Center Foundation within the next several months.”

The certain schools that will remain under EDMC are Art Institute Schools in Pittsburgh and Michigan that are accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education as that body had not initially approved the sale http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/3529054.

SACS had already given initial approval in June for the sale https://www.insidehighered.com/quicktakes/2017/06/16/southern-accreditor-approves-bob-jones-advances-edmc-purchase and will formally lift the probation at their next meeting in December. 

As for the Tampa PA program, this is good news and means more funding for expansion of facilities and faculty to support a larger PA class size. The ARC-PA approved the program for a class size of up to 60 students, but I believe for the incoming class they are looking more at 40-48. 

Archived