South University Applicants for Jan 2018 Start

3 hours ago, Path2PA said:

I'm aware of this. I'm asking, worst case scenario, what would happen to our class if they decide on revoking accreditation. No one seems to have these answers and this is our future that we're dealing with. I need to know if I should go to my other interviews as a back up or if I can feel confident that our class will be okay. 

Everyone who has been accepted and worried should probably contact the school directly regarding their concerns. I am not trying to discredit anyone, but usually things are best discussed directly.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everyone who has been accepted and worried should probably contact the school directly regarding their concerns. I am not trying to discredit anyone, but usually things are best discussed directly.

I have tried calling the school several times and emailed and can not get through. Has anyone had any luck calling and someone answering the phone. If so what number did you call and What time of day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, alana.immedia said:

I have tried calling the school several times and emailed and can not get through. Has anyone had any luck calling and someone answering the phone. If so what number did you call and What time of day?

It's virtually impossible to get a hold of anyone in the PA office.  I called the main school number this morning and spoke with someone in the student affairs office.  I've left voicemails for Yvonne and Tiffany with no response, which is super frustrating.  Good luck! 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry but is anyone else completely turned off by how hard it is to get ahold of someone in the pa program? I find it very unprofessional and have left several voicemails since monday and still have yet to receive a call back. I got accepted recently and want to know where I send my deposit, because the email containing acceptance information does not give that very important detail and i'm not taking chances sending a $500 check anywhere. Also, we did the background checks through castle branch however the FAQ sheet attached to the acceptance email states to do it through certified background.com.. I got accepted to two schools this week and after all of this I am almost considering accepting the other one, although i'm extremely disappointed because this was my number one school in the beginning. 

2 minutes ago, vbmda2000 said:

I'm sorry but is anyone else completely turned off by how hard it is to get ahold of someone in the pa program? I find it very unprofessional and have left several voicemails since monday and still have yet to receive a call back. I got accepted recently and want to know where I send my deposit, because the email containing acceptance information does not give that very important detail and i'm not taking chances sending a $500 check anywhere. Also, we did the background checks through castle branch however the FAQ sheet attached to the acceptance email states to do it through certified background.com.. I got accepted to two schools this week and after all of this I am almost considering accepting the other one, although i'm extremely disappointed because this was my number one school in the beginning. 

Yes, I completely agree. I got accepted back in August and it has been very difficult to communicate with the people in charge of the program. The only reason I decided on the school was because of the current students feedback and how happy they seemed with the program. I really hope that this will not be a reflection of the actual program.

21 minutes ago, evanderburg said:

Yes, I completely agree. I got accepted back in August and it has been very difficult to communicate with the people in charge of the program. The only reason I decided on the school was because of the current students feedback and how happy they seemed with the program. I really hope that this will not be a reflection of the actual program.

I agree, I got great feedback from the current students and how happy they are.

Like I said, this was my number one school. I agree with you all that I got very good feedback from current students as well as a great feeling when I interviewed and met the staff. I just hope that like evanderburg said, that this is not a reflection on the actual program and it is merely just a busy time of the year.

2 hours ago, vbmda2000 said:

Like I said, this was my number one school. I agree with you all that I got very good feedback from current students as well as a great feeling when I interviewed and met the staff. I just hope that like evanderburg said, that this is not a reflection on the actual program and it is merely just a busy time of the year.

If you join the FB group everyone has lots of answers and are willing to help. The office is hard to reach but using each other to learn information has been very beneficial. 

On 11/30/2017 at 2:10 PM, Nina_geena said:

If you join the FB group everyone has lots of answers and are willing to help. The office is hard to reach but using each other to learn information has been very beneficial. 

All accepted applicants, congratulations and welcome! You are correct, it is a very busy time of year for office staff preparing for new admissions so please don’t be discouraged, getting on to your Class FB page is very important, it is there where you will begin forging relationships and contacts to help you along. I am a current student and am preparing for semester finals and completion of my first year. Be patient and take care of what you need to accomplish in setttling in to housing and transportation and other such personal matters, so once Class begins such things are secondary and not a distraction. South University Tampa PA Program is a very demanding program that will require 100% dedication and concentration but I can assure you that the Program Director and Professors have your best interest at heart, they will not coddle you but they do want you to succeed! They are professional, experienced and personable. During the first couple days of student orientation there will be no lack of communication, they will bring you up to speed on what is expected, what you can expect, address your IT and clothing needs and requirements (they have a great IT system), etc etc etc and more etc. Studying studying and more studying and establishing a good peer support study group is paramount to your success, you will encourage and help pull each other through the endless written and practical exams. A lot is expected of us as students and future medical practitioners but as you succeed along the way you will amaze yourself! My unsolicited advice to you all...don’t let yourself get distracted, remember why your there, hold on to that dream and stay focused! Hang tough, gotta go, finals coming up, study study study, lol. Wishing the best of luck to all of you, see you on campus!

On 8/17/2017 at 7:06 PM, iconic said:

I doubt the university communicates to ALL of their programs about their accreditation issues, so I wouldn't expect the PA program to have accurate info on that.  

Great news! The President of the campus and PA program leadership came directly to the PA class and announced that SACS has officially restored South University to accreditation in good standing as of the recent SACS meeting over the past weekend!! ARC-PA has been monitoring the situation and will be updated as well. Great news for all the PA programs and the University!

Got accepted Friday and my official acceptance email today! Was waitlisted for several months. Unfortunately I will be attending a different program. Best of luck to everyone!!

Congratulations on being accepted off the waitlist. I️ am patiently waiting on the waitlist since August. I️ wish you the best of luck at whichever program you decide to attend and Happy Holidays!!!

Great news! The President of the campus and PA program leadership came directly to the PA class and announced that SACS has officially restored South University to accreditation in good standing as of the recent SACS meeting over the past weekend!! ARC-PA has been monitoring the situation and will be updated as well. Great news for all the PA programs and the University!

This is wonderful news!!

• 1 month later...

Archived