South University Applicants for Jan 2018 Start

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, ndiehl87 said:

Has anyone from the waiting list heard back yet? I've tried to email/call to see where I'm at on the list, but haven't heard anything. Also, does anyone know the specific mailing address where we need to send our official transcripts?

I think the mailing address would just be the Himes Ave address location of the campus, which you should be able to find just by google! 

4 minutes ago, Acap said:

I think the mailing address would just be the Himes Ave address location of the campus, which you should be able to find just by google! 

Yeah I figured, but I want to be sure it gets to the right place. Many times, it needs to be addressed to some one specifically and I have 3 different transcripts to sent...it would be a waste of 20$ for them to end up no where LOL.

1 hour ago, ndiehl87 said:

Yeah I figured, but I want to be sure it gets to the right place. Many times, it needs to be addressed to some one specifically and I have 3 different transcripts to sent...it would be a waste of 20$ for them to end up no where LOL.

Try calling the main line for South U Tampa and they can probably tell you! 

Do they have a behavioral interview or are the questions typical like why pa, etc.? I was looking through old threads & they seem to have changed the interview style over the years. Previous years said behavioral based, but posts for entry 2018 just said basic interview. Thanks!

1 hour ago, kcaspa77 said:

Do they have a behavioral interview or are the questions typical like why pa, etc.? I was looking through old threads & they seem to have changed the interview style over the years. Previous years said behavioral based, but posts for entry 2018 just said basic interview. Thanks!

Pretty basic and laid back. There were maybe two questions I wasn’t expecting or didn’t prepare for, but it was still simple stuff I just wasn’t expecting it. Other than that it’s mostly just getting to know you, your interests, and your background. 

9 minutes ago, Acap said:

Pretty basic and laid back. There were maybe two questions I wasn’t expecting or didn’t prepare for, but it was still simple stuff I just wasn’t expecting it. Other than that it’s mostly just getting to know you, your interests, and your background. 

Thank you! I've been asked behavioral questions before, but I haven't had a solely behavioral-based interview so thanks! I appreciate your help! 

15 minutes ago, haleycmaxwell said:

Soooo if we haven't heard anything we've been denied. Cooool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not necessarily. They have "filled out all interview dates" but they will have cancellations, etc. so they will call you if a spot opens up. This happened to me in August, and I couldn't make that interview, and then they scheduled me again for the October interview, which I attended today.

2 hours ago, EmPA26 said:

None are scheduled for now. There is a slim chance more could be added, but unlikely.

Thanks! That means that we should be hearing soon. *crossing my fingers* 

1 hour ago, haleycmaxwell said:

Soooo if we haven't heard anything we've been denied. Cooool

Like @nvocgka said, not necessarily. I interviewed last week, and they said they would let us know in 2-3 weeks after they conduct the rest of their interviews. They also said they would let us know whether we get accepted (by phone) or waitlisted/rejected (by email), so I would assume you should be hearing shortly as well. 

Not necessarily. They have "filled out all interview dates" but they will have cancellations, etc. so they will call you if a spot opens up. This happened to me in August, and I couldn't make that interview, and then they scheduled me again for the October interview, which I attended today.

I hope your interview went well yesterday! Did they say if they were holding more interviews or how close they were to filling the class?

Does any of the interviewees understand the background check and finger print information that was sent out? I am a little confused on if it needs to be done no matter what, or if it is only done after acceptance. Is anyone able to clear this up for me? I tried calling Yvonne a few times but she hasn't answered. I don't want it to hinder my chances of being accepted, but also don't want to spend $160 if it is only meant to be done by those accepted. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, caseyg5 said:

Does any of the interviewees understand the background check and finger print information that was sent out? I am a little confused on if it needs to be done no matter what, or if it is only done after acceptance. Is anyone able to clear this up for me? I tried calling Yvonne a few times but she hasn't answered. I don't want it to hinder my chances of being accepted, but also don't want to spend $160 if it is only meant to be done by those accepted. Thanks!

It is to be done before the interview process. It is my understanding that it used to be done after acceptance, but they changed it this year due to time constraints. 

i interviewed back in july and only did the drug test and background check before my interview......I got waitlisted ....I have waited on doing the fingerprinting because like you said i don't want to spent the $ if i don't need to

On October 11, 2017 at 4:43 PM, Jkramer742 said:

i interviewed back in july and only did the drug test and background check before my interview......I got waitlisted ....I have waited on doing the fingerprinting because like you said i don't want to spent the $ if i don't need to

How do you do the background check and everything without having to pay the $160?

Archived