• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

Brandon Mack, pre-PA

4 yrs active Army

2012 - BCT Ft. Sill, AIT & CAMS Course Ft. Sam

2013-16 - 68WW2 - Civil Affairs Medical Sergeant with (the now shuttered) 80th CA BN, AASLT, BLC, SERE-C, EMT-P, E-5, etc.

Was assigned before the unit officially opened, and separated a few months before they closed. Army-contracted civilian EMT-P school so we were qualified to deploy. Non-combat deployment to Romania in support of Operation Atlantic Resolve.

Retook all pre-PA prereqs, bio upper divisions, etc. since getting out - 3.91 GPA, but only brought my cum to 3.08 and sci to 3.01 (BS in BioSci from 2005 2.57 overall GPA). GRE - 319, 5.5.

Applied to 9 programs this cycle. Two rejections so far, waiting to hear back from the other 7 - including MEDEX - and keeping the faith.

Thank you to each and every one of you for your service!

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

2003-2007: 0621 4 years active duty USMC

Camp Hansen, Okinawa, 3rd Battalion/12th Marines 

Iraq

Miramar, MWCS-38 (Best Marine base ever)

Graduated 2012 with a BS in Biology. Worked at the VA as a medical support assistant for a couple of years. Accepted to PA school and starting this fall.

Good Morning Everyone,

10 years AD with US Coast Guard. 9 years as a corpsman. Completed Navy IDC school in 2012 (8425). Graduated from George Washington University 2016 with BS in Clinical Health Sciences. 

Just got accepted to PA program 2 weeks ago, I start the end of August. 

Good luck out there to all the military members and thank you for your service.

LSC

• Upvote 1

Hello my brothers and sisters in arms.

I am Dr. Frank Crosby, DrHSc, PA-C, Lt Col (Retired) USAF

Graduated from the IPAP predecessor--Air Force/University of Oklahoma, 1982.  Retired from AF in 2004 after 29 years and 22 as a PA.

I am still affiliated with AF--Contracted to Cadet/Flight Medicine at the Air Force Academy and doing Occupational Medicine without Workman's comp.

Retiring from clinical practice this summer, but will continue to serve as president of PAs for Tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Fellas, 

Former 13A with 10 years active duty. 

Fort Campbell 06-09, Fort. Bragg 10-13, and Fort Lewis 13-15. Training at Sill, Benning, and Coronado. 

Was half way through medic school when I was picked up as a PA student in New England - to start this summer.  Very excited - bit anxious.

r, 

chris 

• 4 weeks later...

Howdy everyone,

5 years 11B in 101st --> 68W in USAR for 4 years while finishing a degree and pre-req's at CU Boulder and --> Picked up for IPAP and currently in the didactic year

Thanks to everyone for your service. Thank you for your posts, which help guide a lot of us in our career (practice in the future) moves. I look forward to contributing if I think of something worthwhile.

-Adam

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

2008-2014 AD HM2(AW) NEC 8406

NBHC Mayport, FL 2009-2012 

PATRON FOUR ZERO, NAS Whidbey Island, WA, 2012-2014

BS Biology, magna cum laude,  Central Washington University 2015

2017-Present USAFR, SSgt, 4NO51

446th AMDS, Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA

Attending Yale PA Online Program starting January 2019

Hooyah!

V/r 

Chachee

Hey All

Current EM PA in the process of commissioning with the Army with plans to attend BOLC in Winter 2019.

BS in Athletic Training from CofC 2008

MPAS from Pitt 2013

EM Fellowship from Baylor College of Medicine 2015

Thank you to all the vets on here for their service as well as all the questions you answer on these forums.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

11B

13 years in so far

Currently a Recruiter (believe me, I didn't ask for the job)

Will start my pre-reqs in 2 years, so if all goes right, I can retire and go to PA school.

I am on here for info, so I am going to do some lurking in the shadows, and then ask some questions that I haven't gotten answers on yet.

1 hour ago, GrunttoPA said:

11B

13 years in so far

Welcome! Just in case you aren't aware, the Interservice Physician Assistant Program just raised its maximum time in service requirement this year to no more than 15 years for AD Army (no more than 15 by January 1st of the year you would start the program, so that may not apply in your situation, but figured I would point it out in case). Something to consider if you're planning to stay in anyway, especially if you have any college courses already done (You incur a 4.5 year ADSO). Good luck.

13 hours ago, AdamPAS said:

Welcome! Just in case you aren't aware, the Interservice Physician Assistant Program just raised its maximum time in service requirement this year to no more than 15 years for AD Army (no more than 15 by January 1st of the year you would start the program, so that may not apply in your situation, but figured I would point it out in case). Something to consider if you're planning to stay in anyway, especially if you have any college courses already done (You incur a 4.5 year ADSO). Good luck.

AdamPAS, thanks, I spoke with a recruiter for it.  I don't have most of the pre-reqs yet, and would require a moral waiver.  In addition, I enjoy the Infantry.  Thanks though for the info!

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Active duty Surface Warfare Officer (Nuclear), 6 years in.

USS OSCAR AUSTIN (DDG 79) 2012-2014

USS GEORGE WASHINGTON (CVN 73) 2015-2017.

BS Chemistry- USNA '12

Retaking some expired prerequisites, taking others not previously taken, working on some grade repair as well.  It's encouraging to read about all of your varied backgrounds and paths to success on here.  

• 4 weeks later...