ROLL CALL... Introductions (First Post)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

AD HM2.  Currently stationed at Walter Reed. Separating at EAOS in August 2016.

Very boring list of duty stations: E2 to E5 in 3.5 years at Walter Reed. 

AD 68W 2002-2006.  1 year Korea 2.5 years Walter Reed "old Walter Reed in DC".  

California Guard- Flight medic 2006-2013

Afghan 1 year.  

HM2-  I went from E-3 to E-5 at Walter Reed but back in the day when it was in Washington DC.   How is it now?  I used to work in the ER.  

• 2 weeks later...

Prior Army enlisted, 91W then 68W. 6 yrs USAR. Graduating PA school 2018.

AD 68W 2002-2006.  1 year Korea 2.5 years Walter Reed "old Walter Reed in DC".  

California Guard- Flight medic 2006-2013

Afghan 1 year.  

HM2-  I went from E-3 to E-5 at Walter Reed but back in the day when it was in Washington DC.   How is it now?  I used to work in the ER.  

cc56, I worked at the old Walter Reed for a while but mostly up in Med-Surg, in 2004-2005. We may have run into each other lol

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Navy Corpsman 2011-present

Starting PA program Spring 2017

Thinking about transition to Navy Reserve or Airforce Reserve or Air National Guard while finishing up the PA program. Possibly, going back to AD any branch once finished.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Prior Army enlisted, 91W then 68W. 6 yrs USAR. Graduating PA school 2018.

cc56, I worked at the old Walter Reed for a while but mostly up in Med-Surg, in 2004-2005. We may have run into each other lol

NC30- We probably did run into each other.  What was the ward number?  We used to take everyone up to the wards.  I was a 91W to a 68W too, I just missed being a 91B by like 1-2 class cycles at Fort Sam.  

• Upvote 1

NC30- We probably did run into each other.  What was the ward number?  We used to take everyone up to the wards.  I was a 91W to a 68W too, I just missed being a 91B by like 1-2 class cycles at Fort Sam.  

Small world! I honestly can't remember but my brain wants to say ward 58?? Or something like it

• Upvote 1

Small world! I honestly can't remember but my brain wants to say ward 58?? Or something like it

I remember going to ward 54 a lot I think.  I also went to the lock down psych ward a lot.  Remember taking a PT test, having to run around the square like 8 times?  I don't miss active duty one bit, but I loved the guard.  

• Upvote 1

Now that I think about it our experience was probably really weird. On our floors the majority of the patients were military aged males w ortho issues. I haven't seen anything like it since.

I remember going to ward 54 a lot I think.  I also went to the lock down psych ward a lot.  Remember taking a PT test, having to run around the square like 8 times?  I don't miss active duty one bit, but I loved the guard.  

YES I remember doing our PT tests on the wrap around porch thing. And the Subway restaurant downstairs that was always crowded. Sad to think all that's closed down now.

Saw up there that you were CA guard, my first reserve unit was out of Sacramento!

• Upvote 1

Hello all,

Currently AD Navy working at a branch clinic in Camp Lejeune area. Wrapping up BS right now, and will likely get out in the next two years and go to civilian PA school, unless I can finish up pre-reqs for MSC-IPP before EAS. Getting accepted into MSC-IPP probably won't happen though since I'm only an E4 right now.

• 3 weeks later...

Good Day!

Just completed 10 years with the Coast Guard as a Health Service Technician (Corpsman). I completed IDC school in 2012 and have 4 years of sea time. I am finishing up my BS in Clinical Health Sciences at George Washington. Currently finishing all my pre-reqs at a local college in Queens NY. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

6.5 years active duty

31B (2004-2006): 571st MP Co, Ft. Lewis

68W/18D "trainee" 2006-2008

18D (2008-2010): 5th SFG (A)

Civilian ER tech (2010-present)

Prepping for my third attempt at MEDEX!  (Applied late in the cycle last year but interviewed in January.  Here's to hoping third time's the charm).

I wish that I'd noticed this board earlier.  Great to see so many vets working in the field! 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...