ROLL CALL... Introductions (First Post)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Aviation Electronics Tech 2nd Class USN 2004-2012

Was a member of the last crew aboard the USS Kitty-Hawk (CV-63) in Yokosuka Japan (F/A-19 Radar repair shop)

Another 4 years at FRCSW North Island in San Diego California as supervisor of SH-60 Electronics repair (CASS Shop)

Applied to PA school this year, had one interview yesterday and three more to go!

R/

Don

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Navy HM-8404

Naval Medical Center San Diego 2009-2011

Okinawa Naval Hospital 2011-2013

1st Medical Battalion, 1st MLG 2013-2014

I'm currently in school completing my last two quarters for B.S. and waiting for the decision from a PA program.

Hey brother,

I was stationed in USNH Okinawa the same time as you! I was there 2010-2013. I think i might be able to know you. 

Cheers,

Russ

• Upvote 1

New to Forum.

4 yrs 0351 USMC 2/2 Golf Co

1 yr at the Greenville SC VA CBOC - Mental Health Service line

Currently at Naval Station Great Lakes as the most feared civilian on base, I'm a SARC..

36 yrs old and after talking with a PA from the USPHS have decided that SW is a non-starter for me and am ready to finish my pre-reqs and get into PA School in Illinois or Ohio as my family may make a move to Columbus.

If anyone needs help with a Federal Resume or navigating Voc Rehab, feel free to contact me. I'm proud to say that I've helped many people receive jobs or their Voc Rehab entitlements and would be willing to help anyone who's willing to put in the work. I have successfully been employed in the federal government for 2 yrs now and also utilized my Voc Rehab, sadly not for the right degree, but we all learn.

I'm also looking for a mentor who's working as a PA-C in Psychiatry or as a Hospitalist or ENT.

• Upvote 1

HM1(FMF) here, not a PA at the moment, here to find out if that path is possible. Interested in the IPAP program but will need an age waiver. Currently working as an RN with my BSN. I knew I wanted to continue my education but was trying to decide between NP and PA. I no longer have any doubts. I want to be a PA, and really hope I can make that happen. 

• 1 month later...

18A (Ret), former 12B (Texas Nat'l Guard) and 11A

Currently volunteering as a reserve police officer - Metropolitan Police Department, Washington, DC

Service includes:

The Joint Staff J-5 and J-3

1st Special Forces Group (Airborne)

10th Special Forces Group (Airborne)

Ranger Training Brigade HQ

4th Ranger Training Battalion

Special Operations Command Europe 

1st Battalion, 509th Parachute Infantry (Geronimo)

1st Battalion, 506th Infantry (Air Assault) 

Recently retired and eager to start a 2nd career as a PA - currently applying to many post-bac programs in the area as my university years are in the distant past. I'm glad to see so many military folks on the forum to learn from and, with any luck, I'll be sharing my experiences along the journey! 

DOL!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey brother,

I was stationed in USNH Okinawa the same time as you! I was there 2010-2013. I think i might be able to know you.

Cheers,

Russ

Hello fellow docs from Okinawa. I was there from Oct 2008 till June 2011 at USNH Camp Lester.

I am applying this cycle. Caspa has been verified and now waiting to hear from some programs. I am still working on few supplemental applications.

Good luck guys.

• Upvote 1

Maybe I should introduce myself also

Navy Corpsman 7 years Active Duty, 3 years as cardiovascular tech

NMCRD, Camp Pendleton, and USNH Okinawa.

In the process of applying to shit ton of schools. Let's hope at least one will accept me.

Good luck to all who are applying. Hope to see you in school one of these days.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
On 6/17/2017 at 0:57 AM, moleashish said:

Hello fellow docs from Okinawa. I was there from Oct 2008 till June 2011 at USNH Camp Lester.

I am applying this cycle. Caspa has been verified and now waiting to hear from some programs. I am still working on few supplemental applications.

Good luck guys.

Hey @moleashish. Were you a CVT back in Oki? Goodluck applying this year!

Russ

• Upvote 1

Air Force here, 13 years active duty, 1 year ANG

5 years Security Forces - Malmstrom AFB, MT

9 years as a medic, almost 4 of those as an IDMT - Wright-Patterson, OH, Charleston, SC, and Vandenberg, CA.

Knocking out prereqs at University of Central Florida and submitting to CASPA early August with a couple of pending classes in the fall. Hoping the late end to the summer semester doesn't hurt too much. 

Good luck everyone!

Update: accepted and starting May 2018!

• Upvote 1