2016-2017 application cycle!

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waitlisted...the waiting game continues. I was accepted into a different program that starts end of May so I hope to hear back from Western before that. Would choose Western in a heart beat. Really hope the alternate list moves quickly! Anyone know about waitlist movement and timing from years prior? Again, good luck everyone!

I interviewed March 10 and was also just notified that I was placed on the alternative list. Also crossing my fingers that I am contacted! Good luck to you all!

I assumed of the waitlist have already gone out there is no more acceptance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I myself was notified today around 3 pm that I was waitlisted.

Thanks, I think the acceptances were sent out last week, and the waitlist is this week? I hope there is still spots. Cross my fingers

Guest Marina Zanzarini

Don't despair! Last year we had people being accepted from the alternate list up till June/July. 

Hang in there guys!

Don't despair! Last year we had people being accepted from the alternate list up till June/July.

Hang in there guys!

Thanks Marina! Would you happen to know how many students were accepted from the wait list last year?

Guest Marina Zanzarini

@Marina Zanzarini Do you think since they sent out the alternate list, it means that there are no more acceptance emails left? How was previous years?

I know they over-accept by a 20-30% (since WesternU may not be the top choice of some applicants), but I am not sure if they are done with acceptances when the alternate list is out. I don't think it is the case, but don't quote me on that.

Thanks Marina! Would you happen to know how many students were accepted from the wait list last year?

No, I don't. But I personally know at least 7 who were from the wait-list, and as I said, the acceptances went all the way to right before the semester started in August. If you happen to be accepted somewhere else that is not your first choice, but you are really hoping to go to WesternU, I would accept your seat in the other school, pay the deposit and wait for WesternU's official email (either rejected or accepted) by the end of July. That way you will have at least one spot guaranteed. 

The same is true for students who got in at WesternU but are waiting to hear at other schools. That is why they still call from the alternate all the way up to July.

Good luck!

Archived