MEDEX 2015-2016 Application Cycle

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Medex generally has a fast turnaround, and has been known to make the first calls within days of the interview.  Some take longer -- a guy in my class heard back two months later that he was accepted.  I am told you may not be rejected until after all the interviews have taken place, in mid-January.

what class are you in jlumsden? do you know if medex still sometimes accepts you two months after the interview? i haven't heard anything yet from the october 29th interview and am still trying to think positively...

what class are you in jlumsden? do you know if medex still sometimes accepts you two months after the interview? i haven't heard anything yet from the october 29th interview and am still trying to think positively...

I am in Seattle Class #48.  One guy in our class got the call in November, even though he interviewed in September.  I can't say for sure, but in their efforts to build a well rounded cohort, I would not put it past MEDEX to extend interviews a bit late.

It's entirely plausible that MEDEX offers admission to a candidate, who accepts.  That candidate may then receive an offer from a school closer to home, a month or two later, and back out of MEDEX.  In the interest of finding a good balance, I could see MEDEX looking back to previous interviews.  They really want the class' strengths to compliment each other.  Don't give up.

Hi Everyone! 

I just found this forum and is super excited to meet fellow humans taking on the PA career! I got invited to interview on Nov 19th and would love to join/meet up with people who are also interviewing for this time. I am free Nov 18th, the day before! I live in the Seattle area, and it would be convenient for me to meet anywhere. I would love to do coffee, lunch or dinner! My name is Diana, please PM me!

Good luck to all!

Hey guys,

So seeing how I live in Seattle and only a couple miles from the UW campus, I'd love to try and orchestrate a meet up. I'm thinking the Starbucks on the ave. 4555 University Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105. It's 0.4 miles from the Watertown hotel, which is where I assume most you will be staying at. Think 7pm may be a good time? My name is Chris Clemens, and if anyone wants they can text me (253) 579-3843.

I would love to meet up there! I will be texting you soon, Chris! 

Hey everyone!

So I've been getting texts from a few of you asking about meeting up the night before. I think we are stilling going to try and meet 7pm at that Starbucks on the 18th. Address is 4555 University Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105. Love to see you all there!.

-Chris

Thanks for setting this up, Chris! See you all there! 

It's the most exciting time of year!...because of interviews and acceptances of course! If you haven't heard, it ain't over until CLASS STARTS next year. MEDEX very rarely rejects outright, from my experience, because they prefer to ponder and rearrange and look back on previous interviews and put together a well-rounded and cohesive cohort, like jlumsden says. I'm in his class, Seattle #48. I interviewed with him in September, and was among the lucky ones to hear back a torturous week later, but if you haven't heard NEVER GIVE UP HOPE! 

And try to stay sane while waiting. I recommend building Ikea furniture. The instructions are just obscure enough that you need to concentrate to avoid building a bed out of your bookshelf. 

If anybody has any questions, feel free to PM me. I don't have any special information on what GPA they let in or what the interview questions are, but I can speak to the flavor of the program, the pros and cons, life at MEDEX, etc. 

Best of luck, everyone! 

I'm just curious, has the program planned to address the fact that they have a sub-90% first-time PANCE pass rate for the past 5 years? I mean, MEDEX has always had an amazing reputation, but regardless of the education one may receive, isn't it somewhat concerning that said education doesn't prepare you to surmount the biggest obstacle to being able to practice medicine?

I'm just curious, has the program planned to address the fact that they have a sub-90% first-time PANCE pass rate for the past 5 years? I mean, MEDEX has always had an amazing reputation, but regardless of the education one may receive, isn't it somewhat concerning that said education doesn't prepare you to surmount the biggest obstacle to being able to practice medicine?

I am a second year student and they are actively addressing it in the form of much more focus on PANCE prep than academic writing as has in the past. I feel that my education I received during didactic year has given me a good foundation to build on during my clinical year. This program doesn't feed information to you on a spoon, nor should it. You have to put everything you have into it. Your question is warranted though and would be a good question to ask at an interview. Do you have an invite this year?

Well, the interview was grueling... But, over all a lot of fun! As a re-applicant I had a lot more fun compared to last year. I met so many amazing people. I have no clue how they will decide, because everyone was so talented, passionate and kind. As for the current students, thank you for taking the time to have lunch with us. There were so many of you and it was welcoming to have all of you there to answer question. You guys rock! Good luck everyone. :)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Archived