MEDEX 2015-2016 Application Cycle

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are there any current MEDEX students on this forum who would want to meet up to give some real life advice on how to be successful in the interview and in the program?

I'd definitely be up for this.

-Josh

Hi Josh,

There has already been one interview cycle for Class 50. I'm sure any of the folks who have already interviewed would be happy to give advice. Mine would be to bring it. Be yourself and bring your all. They are a dedicated and tough group of interviewers and are looking for the best of the best. They will see right thru the nonsense so be yourself and bring it :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

They have already completed one interview group. They let you know right away if you are accepted, rejected or wait-listed.

Edit: So what he is saying is he was wait listed for Seattle-

Terrell and I interviewed together in one of the sessions. She is a wonderful woman with serious passion and drive. Tough competitor I tell ya! :)

Hey Everyone,

Has anyone else been sent an invite for an interview? Mine is on October 29th. I'd love to connect with people who have been through this interview process before to get some advice.

Good luck to all applicants.

-Josh

The first interview cycle was held in September, next comes October - January. Good luck!

Hi everybody!

I'm a Newbie to this forum. Have applied to the Medex program in Spokane and have an interview on the 17th. Congratulations to the ones that got accepted to the Seattle program! You must be absolutely walking on cloud 7. Just to let you know, some of us are trying to get together the night before. I believe we'll meet at NoLi.

Question: How long after your interview did you receive the letter that you were waitlisted and for the people who got accepted, when did you receive the call?

Medex generally has a fast turnaround, and has been known to make the first calls within days of the interview.  Some take longer -- a guy in my class heard back two months later that he was accepted.  I am told you may not be rejected until after all the interviews have taken place, in mid-January.

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if someone would be able to give me some insight on logistics for the interview. I will be traveling from out of state and I was wondering how other people have managed transportation? There is a flight out at 7:30 pm the same night of the interview that I would like to catch if possible, but I have no idea if that is realistic! Did anyone rent a car or are there other options that are better? Also, does anyone have any recommendation for lodging?

@Josh_S I would be willing to meet up the night before the October 29th interview if I able to book an early enough flight!

Thank you all for all of the wonderful, informative posts! I greatly appreciate it!

Hey guys! I am another current (1st year) student at the Seattle campus. For those of you coming from out of the area for interviews, you should be aware that Seattle traffic is notoriously unpredictable - one accident can cause backups for miles, and we are starting to get into the rainy season, where accidents are more common. That said, I suggest staying in/near the University District the night prior to your interview, although this can also be fairly expensive. I was lucky that I already lived locally - I didn't have to worry about finding a hotel, so I can't really make specific recommendations there. If you have questions about transit options from the airport, Sound Transit has a trip planning feature that should be able to answer some of your questions (though I would definitely leave extra time in the morning and check traffic early if you are traveling). I believe that some of the folks I interviewed with flew out the same night, so it is definitely doable. The program stuck pretty closely to the timeline they provided with the interview materials, so you should plan on being at the interview for the duration.

I hope that is helpful to you guys! Good luck to everyone who applied and congrats to those who already have acceptances!

I am interviewing on Oct. 29th as well! I would love to meet up with some of you the night before or morning of for coffee. It would really help ease up some nerves! I've visited UW/University District a few times and I know there are some laid back restaurants on the ave (a close walk to the admissions building where we'll be interviewing). I typically get back faster on facebook. If anyone's interested, message me and let's set something up. So excited to meet everyone, and congrats to those already with acceptances! (:

PS- If anyone wants to msg me through fb: Shby Yng 

(I changed my name for the application cycle.)

I just turned down the invitation to interview in Spokane this Saturday October 17th. I have been lucky enough to be offered spots elsewhere. Someone else will now have that opportunity to interview in the future. It was an honor to be offered this by MEDEX but I am excited to go to the location that is the best fit for my family.  Good luck to everyone interviewing!!

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if someone would be able to give me some insight on logistics for the interview. I will be traveling from out of state and I was wondering how other people have managed transportation? There is a flight out at 7:30 pm the same night of the interview that I would like to catch if possible, but I have no idea if that is realistic! Did anyone rent a car or are there other options that are better? Also, does anyone have any recommendation for lodging?

@Josh_S I would be willing to meet up the night before the October 29th interview if I able to book an early enough flight!

Thank you all for all of the wonderful, informative posts! I greatly appreciate it!

I also came from out of town when I interviewed last month. I just stayed at the hotel where the interviews were hosted. It was a little more expensive, but there was no day-of stress getting there and dealing with traffic. A 730 flight would be pushing it a little. They got us out before 5, but depending on what the traffic is like, you may be cutting it close. Uber is a good transportation choice if you use it.

Good luck to everyone interviewing!! It's a great experience and everyone there is so nice!

I would suggest Hotel Deca as it is super close and less expensive (also mention that you're with MEDEX - they may offer a discount). Best way to travel traffic free to/from the airport is the Link Light Rail (then use Uber or a bus to get to the hotel once downtown). Good luck everyone; I hope to meet you when classes start!!

Hey gang,

Looks like there are a few folks who are interested in meeting up before the interview. Anybody interested, feel free to e-mail me and I will organize a time and place we can all get together to get out our jitters:)

Talk soon

Best,

Josh

Swidlerj@gmail.com

Hey guys!

My name is Chris. I'm a re-applicant from last year and am still waiting for that interview invite. I applied super early last year and interviewed the end of September. This year I applied quite a bit later and sent it in on August 30th. I received the email stating that I met the requirements on September 25th and have literally been refreshing my email every 30 minutes waiting for that invite! Anyone else apply around the same time as me get an invite yet? Thanks. And congrats to everyone that has already been accepted!

Hey guys!

My name is Chris. I'm a re-applicant from last year and am still waiting for that interview invite. I applied super early last year and interviewed the end of September. This year I applied quite a bit later and sent it in on August 30th. I received the email stating that I met the requirements on September 25th and have literally been refreshing my email every 30 minutes waiting for that invite! Anyone else apply around the same time as me get an invite yet? Thanks. And congrats to everyone that has already been accepted!

Hey Chris. I am in the same boat as you. I applied right around the same time, and now I'm playing the waiting game. It's torture! Good luck, though. And big congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far.

~Katie

Hey Chris. I am in the same boat as you. I applied right around the same time, and now I'm playing the waiting game. It's torture! Good luck, though. And big congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far.

~Katie

Katie, I'm glad someone else out there feels my pain. I'm going NUTS waiting for it! Be sure to let me know if you hear anything and I will do the same.

Katie, I'm glad someone else out there feels my pain. I'm going NUTS waiting for it! Be sure to let me know if you hear anything and I will do the same.

Chris, have you been checking snail mail too? My friend, a recent MEDEX graduate, found out about his interview through snail mail. I'm hoping I haven't received an invite yet because I live all the way in Georgia, and it's taking forever to get here. Anyone else who has received an interview invite, how were you notified?

Hello everyone!

I flew in from out of state last year. I used shuttleexpress.com to get to the hotel. I stayed at Watertown and I recommend it. 7:30pm is really pushing it. I would go for a later flight if possible. I flew out around 10:00pm I believe. I was picked up from the hotel around  8pm by shuttle express. I came in late Sat night and left Tuesday after my interview. There were walkable places to eat, plus the hotel shuttle took me to Westlake Center on Sun and Mon and I was able to get to Seattle Center, Pike Place Market, etc, from there. Some people coming in for interviews rented cars. So, that's another option. And it's definitely a great idea to meet up with other candidates the evening before if you can! I hope that helps! 

Hey guys!

Hi Chris,

Myself and my friend are still waiting to hear back as well.  I applied middle of September and got a notification I met the requirements on 9/25/15 as well.  This waiting game is killing me.

Hope more people get good news soon!

Michele

Archived