MEDEX 2015-2016 Application Cycle

Chris, have you been checking snail mail too? My friend, a recent MEDEX graduate, found out about his interview through snail mail. I'm hoping I haven't received an invite yet because I live all the way in Georgia, and it's taking forever to get here. Anyone else who has received an interview invite, how were you notified?

I was notified via email about the interview(this year), they then send you additional information via snail mail-

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KEEP IT!!! 

Our Facebook group has been invaluable to my class...both for sharing online resources, apps, documents, drop boxes, google drives, reminders, VENTING, commiserating....I swear, I wouldn't have made it without Facebook. :) 

Fine fine fine, I did it. I made one :) just til classes start though, so I can "stay in the loop"

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I flew in from out of state last year. I used shuttleexpress.com to get to the hotel. I stayed at Watertown and I recommend it. 7:30pm is really pushing it. I would go for a later flight if possible. I flew out around 10:00pm I believe. I was picked up from the hotel around  8pm by shuttle express. I came in late Sat night and left Tuesday after my interview. There were walkable places to eat, plus the hotel shuttle took me to Westlake Center on Sun and Mon and I was able to get to Seattle Center, Pike Place Market, etc, from there. Some people coming in for interviews rented cars. So, that's another option. And it's definitely a great idea to meet up with other candidates the evening before if you can! I hope that helps! 

From the class before Nucs2PA, and I echo her sentiments. I flew in from out of state as well. I rented a car, which worked out fine for me, although parking is increasingly at a premium in Seattle, and with a little pre-planning, the public transport options in the U district are pretty doable. Just have a back-up plan regardless of your mode of transportation, in case the Chinese president decides to visit again. 

I stayed at the Watertown, and that year, we interviewed at the MEDEX offices, which was an easy walk around the block. Hotel Deca is also very close, and there's another one whose name is eluding me, but that is usually in MEDEX's literature. 

The "tradition" of meeting up with other candidates before you go for your interview is truly something to sustain. I met up with three other people from this forum the night before our interview, was so impressed by their awesome stories, and had a great time just socializing and trying to relax. It was nice to meet with some people who were experiencing the same level of stress that I was! And most importantly, it was SO NICE to see a familiar face the next morning at the interview. The interview day is a WHIRLWIND of activity, and it is a marathon, not a sprint. Even if you don't end up on panels with your friends from the night before, it fosters a sense of collaboration (over competition) that MEDEX (and many programs) not only values, but requires of its students. 

I submitted my application to CASPA July 26, and received the e-mail stating that the application criteria had been met on August 13. Is there anyone else that is right along that same timeline that is still waiting to hear from the program or anyone that is along that timeline that has already heard about an interview or anything like that? 

Hi I'm Karlie, and I am also interviewing on the 19th. I live in the Mount Baker neighborhood, and I would love to meet somewhere. I assume people would prefer somewhere downtown for those that are traveling? Otherwise maybe somewhere near campus or a quiet neighborhood like Greenwood, Greenlake, Queen Anne, etc?

Nov. 19thers,

I am looking at a flight that arrives just before 6 pm. I have never been to Seattle, and am unsure how long it will take me to get to my hotel. I'm hoping to stay somewhere near campus. What time are we thinking? Should I try to catch an earlier flight? Any advise is welcome and appreciated! Also, I will not have a car, so somewhere near campus would be ideal, if that's ok.

Also, any ladies interested in sharing a room? :)

Rebecca

Hey guys,

So seeing how I live in Seattle and only a couple miles from the UW campus, I'd love to try and orchestrate a meet up. I'm thinking the Starbucks on the ave. 4555 University Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105. It's 0.4 miles from the Watertown hotel, which is where I assume most you will be staying at. Think 7pm may be a good time? My name is Chris Clemens, and if anyone wants they can text me (253) 579-3843.

Archived