2016 APPLICANTS - post here!

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The director was in mine and she said that we should get calls for our spots by the first week or so in april so I really think they r on schedule. I hope so. I hope I did well. When I was done they said they did have anything else they could think of to ask me and wanted to know if I had any questions for them.. is that a good thing. Did I over do it..lol oh the strugle.

Congrats to all who got an interview.... that is within itself a huge accomplishment. This was my second year applying to the college. I graduated from FIU with a Bachelors and obtained the overall GPA of 3.2, my science GPA is 3.8. I have 4000+ hours of patient contact and currently work in the healthcare field. I received a 75 on my exam and have not heard back... still I will continue to study for my GRE in hopes of brighter days! 

Best wishes to you all.

@Natsci08 Your description of the interview sounds normal enough, no indication of a bad thing.

I admire the dedication to the PA profession in this thread.

That being said, as we are halfway through the interview month, I want to offer a HEADS UP for next year:

(This applies to those who have only taken the minimum class requirements for application)

I have heard the MDC pre-requisites are being expanded to include Chem and Bio (lecture and lab) for next year and they may require some additional classes such as med term! I'll try to confirm this information.

What that means is:
if you do not make it for 2016
AND
if you haven't taken those classes by the summer,
you may not be able to apply to MDC for 2017!

This could be another YEAR set back!

I have to confirm this information but just want to make sure no one gets left behind for next years application process!!

If you have yet to interview keep up with your preparations but don't neglect to keep looking forward!

I believe summer registration has already commenced. Classes fill up quick.

Good luck NPA1 !   I am curious too if they have sent other invites since they added 3/23 and 3/24.  I am over the moon excited for the interview... almost so excited that I am not nervous at all.  In just over 2 weeks- we will all know if we can continue our dream this year.

Archived