2016 APPLICANTS - post here!

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes an MD who applied with a GPA over all 4.00 and sci 3.8 with a score 77 is invited for Interview, but offcourse as having a strong med background he deserve it even with a score of 77.

I got it with a score of 79 and my GPA is 4.00 with a 10 years of med background and have a Master degree.

I'm moving on... I will continue to watch this board so I can congratulate all of you that get in.  I would love the surprise of an interview.  But it appears that it has been 5 days since they have sent invites.  I know they said interviews can come in waves, so I am still hopeful.  But I have focused my studying on preparing for the GRE so that I can apply to all of the other programs.  I will also take Biochem and Organic 2 this summer to help bolster my science knowledge.  I am bummed to not make it farther with MDC this year, but the journey isn't over...another year to learn more advanced science will only help me become a better practitioner.  And I will do better on the admission test next year, for sure :)  

Petunia keep that optimistic spirit! Rooting for you and we know you will become an awesome practitioner! Just use this as a learning experience and chalk it up as a invaluable learning experience. Regardless of whether or not you move onto the next phase, you can still consider the experience a success because it has imparted invaluable experience that will make you a stronger and wiser applicant in subsequent cycles. Remember we are up against a lot of competition so the more you have under your belt, the better off you will be and, as you said, advanced sciences can help you become a more well rounded clinician especially if you capitalize on the clinical side of these classes. When I took biochemistry every chapter made clinical correlations that helped us to understand the bigger picture of why these microscopic molecules are clinically relevant and how much they really do matter at the organismal level in terms of providing medical care to a human being. Extrapolate as much as you can with this in mind and you will find many gems in upper division science courses that will stay with you to make you a great practitioner. *hugs* ^_^

Congrats on the interview! The experience is invaluable for sure. How long did you feel like it lasted pinecrest? Why did you feel like it was nothing like you expected and what were you expecting? Overcoming the nervousness is a big hill to climb, I'm pretty sure we all can relate on that note.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I think It was about 30-40 minutes but i went blank haha, and i was prepared for a lot more questions than what i actually got. What seemed important for me to have been asked was not asked. But i guess thats normal depending on the interviewing committee. They probably dont want to ask/hear the same thing for every interview.

Archived