2015-2016 Duke University Application Thread

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I interviewed with a great group of people on Jan. 13. I'm hoping those folks will post here if they receive an offer of admission. It would be such an honor to receive an offer of admission & each of the applicants seemed deserving of a seat in the class of 2018!

Hey all!

Im interviewing tomorrow 1/28 (which might be the last interview judging by the posts?!) Would anyone be interested in grabbing coffee/tea/whatever tonight? Ive found in past interviews that having a familiar face around on interview day goes a long way! Let me know.

Alice

Jmarks31 - glad the summary was helpful! I know interview days can be so anxiety inducing. It's best to just try to calm down and be yourself as much as you can. Knowing what you're walking into helps you feel calmer, I think.

-and-

haimusc - congratulations! Please join the Facebook page for more updates etc

I finally received an email today about my admissions decision! I've been waitlisted, but they apparently tell you your ranking and I'm in the top 10. Does anyone know if the waitlist is utilized much?

Hi MichiganPA3, I got my acceptance letter to Duke on Monday.  I can tell you though that I may be giving up my spot to attend UT Southwestern in Dallas.  Haven't made my final decision quite yet as it would be hard to pass up Duke.  But considering I am a Texas resident and plan on practicing in Texas when I graduate.  I imagine there are at least a couple people like me trying to figure out which school to choose.

Hi MichiganPA3, I got my acceptance letter to Duke on Monday. I can tell you though that I may be giving up my spot to attend UT Southwestern in Dallas. Haven't made my final decision quite yet as it would be hard to pass up Duke. But considering I am a Texas resident and plan on practicing in Texas when I graduate. I imagine there are at least a couple people like me trying to figure out which school to choose.

Hey! I was also accepted to Duke and was in a very similar situation. I live in FL and want to stay in FL to practice. I shadowed various PAs who attended my in state school that I was also accepted to (UF). It was cheaper and I could do rotations in my home city (rotations = job connections). I decided to give up my seat at Duke to attend a reputable cheaper in state school. If UF wasn't such a strong program (lets say Barry Vs Duke) then things would have been different. Mainly since I wanted to practice in FL then UF made more sense. Going to Duke would be about the name solely. It was not an easy decision but I chose the most logical way. In the end scheme of things Duke would have costed over 60 k more in a standard 10 year repayment plan. That's a lot of money.

At the end of the day, PA school is PA school anywhere. Employers do not care where you went to school. What they do care about is if you passed your boards. The Duke student will not be paid more than the UF student.

Hope this helps!

Archived