MEDEX 2014-2015 applicants

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nucs2PA.  I wish I were able to meet up, but we have a rather big clinical skills exam Tuesday morning.  If you have specific questions, send me a pm.

I second jlumsden's apologies. But it's a hell of an exam. :-) Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right there with ya! Not enough hours in the day..... Next quarter will get interesting ;-)

Thanks for being willing to answer our questions! Good luck with your exam!

arpy_sharpie, please PM me your email address and I will add you to our email group! And anyone else who would like to join us on Monday!

Wow they really changed the academic requirements. I wonder what the rational is for requiring 2 English classes.What are the changes to the clinical requirements?

I think the English requirments have not changed. It's the micro, stats and chem that are the academic changes. Reducing hours is a mistake in my opinion. For those who may need to take more classes to re-apply I hope you just get in this year!

I think the English requirments have not changed. It's the micro, stats and chem that are the academic changes. Reducing hours is a mistake in my opinion. For those who may need to take more classes to re-apply I hope you just get in this year!

I hope to get in this year too! Although, I would just need to take chemistry and statistics to be able to apply next year.

Jlynne, what kind of help you done? As offsite interpreter, I was able to assist only during MDs visits, maybe more opportunities tomorrow & Sun for onsite.Many great stories shared & many great things happened.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I worked volunteer check in, patient registration, transported patients to triage, and discharge for dental patients (which I did a majority of the day). I didn't see any interpreters as they have the fancy interpreter machines and they basically Skype with interpreters.

I worked volunteer check in, patient registration, transported patients to triage, and discharge for dental patients (which I did a majority of the day). I didn't see any interpreters as they have the fancy interpreter machines and they basically Skype with interpreters.

To witness tears of joy in person is a rare blessing :)

@Snakeeater:you were right, I spoke Vietnamese :-)

@jlynne: I'm working with that company provide those skype-remote interpreting services, a brilliant ideas. :-) I'll see you all in person tomorrow, I believe we can offer much more while in person, the remote machine relied on different factors: battery, wifi signal (quality of calls)...

@Snakeeater:you were right, I spoke Vietnamese :-)

@jlynne: I'm working with that company provide those skype-remote interpreting services, a brilliant ideas. :-) I'll see you all in person tomorrow, I believe we can offer much more while in person, the remote machine relied on different factors: battery, wifi signal (quality of calls)...

They keep the machines plugged in when they can and RAM had their own wifi established to assure we had a strong connection for ALL the computers that we had to use. If they don't use u for interpreting they will def find a place for u. Every point of care is incredibly busy! I won't be there tomorrow or Sunday but have a great time!

What a fantastic experience!  I was in the dental queue all day, helping keep the order and flow before patients were brought back to dental triage.  The demand for dental treatment was much higher than I thought it was be.  I believe at our busiest time, there were 150 people waiting in our section.  And it was taking 1.5-2 hours to get brought back - on top of the waiting the patients had already done to even get into the event in the first place.  The worst part was having to inform them that we were no longer able to do root canals, flippers, crowns - then later no more fillings or cleanings.  Needless to say there were plenty of frustrated folks.  Nonetheless I was taken aback by the entire thing.  The patients and volunteers were unwaveringly helpful, energetic, and friendly despite being exhausted.  Keeping my fingers crossed they'll try to do it again next year!

Really great to see you other MEDEX prospectives were taking part as well.  I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you guys.

Archived