MEDEX 2014-2015 applicants

Hello mel4826,

I believe there are quite a few of us from out of state but I don't know if anyone can tell you with any certainty (beyond what might be deciphered from MEDEX matriculation info) what your chances are.  I too am from elsewhere and have not received anything yet.  Last I heard from another thread was that all the Tacoma invites have gone out already but that there will likely be another interview session in Jan. sometime.  If you would like more info or want to try to chat with some of the other Tacoma applicants there is a Tacoma thread that's still running.  If you type "medex" in the search field it should show up a little more than half way down the page for the 2014-15 applicants.  Hope that helps, and keep your head up.  To share the wisdom of those who've already matriculated, as long as you haven't received a rejection letter, you're still in the runnings.  Blessings!

Thank you! :-) Appreciate it!

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahaha. You guys are cute. :-) I remember being in the same boat last year around this time. My advice to you is to relax, enjoy your holidays, and go lie on a beach somewhere if that's what floats your boat. You probably won't hear from them until the new year at the earliest. I know it sucks, because you want all the info NOW, but enjoy your last few months of freedom. :-) Reserve the first week of March for starting and call it a day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hfillman,

I can't speak definitively, but I'm guessing the next one will be either January/February. They usually have at least one more before the classes are arranged for March, so don't give up yet!

They have their hands full with us first years right now (it's finals week), but I'm sure you will be hearing something by the end of December or early January.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey does anyone know the date of the last Seattle interview session? I am still in the waiting phase because haven't received a rejection letter or interview invite. 

Just like ktcan10 said, don't give up yet.  There are plenty of us in the same boat.

Last year, invitations for January interviews went out on December 17th.  One interview was in Spokane (1/11) and another in Seattle (1/15).  So I would anticipate invitations going out in the next week or so, after finals have ended, and after they've completed the Tacoma interview this Friday, 12/12.

It's not a rigid system by any means, but hopefully these dates can serve as a guide.  Best of luck!

Hey does anyone know the date of the last Seattle interview session? I am still in the waiting phase because haven't received a rejection letter or interview invite. 

I was originally in the Anchorage interview section on 12/5 but had to reschedule due to a prior conflict. Upon rescheduling, I was told the final interview session will be on 01/22 and that they will be sending out invites 3-4 weeks prior to that date.

I am from Anchorage and hoping for a January interview.  I am guessing they will send out invites this next week, after finals, due to the winter break.  The summer session starts June 22 in Seattle.  I was told to hang tight.  They are reviewing applications and will let everyone know very soon.

I want the information to be correct so I can only speculate from other online classes but my guess is that the testing period is open for a 24 hour period. In the past for situations like this I would log onto blackboard and open the exam and it was timed. I can only assume this is how they will do it as well. It needs to be flexible to accomadate everyone because they assume we are still working and possibly have a family.

Will a current student please expand on this for us?

There is an interview on January 10th in Spokane.  I just received my invite this afternoon.  Those of you that haven't heard anything yet I will keep my fingers crossed for you all. First year I received an invite and last year I didn't get an invite, so I know how you all feel.  Congrats again to all those that have been accepted, what an accomplishment. 

Congrats Marianne! I am with arpy_sharpie and sharesmiles in that I am still playing the waiting game. Fingers crossed we will all get to meet each other in January!

Thanks! I hope all of you hear some good news soon!

Archived