MEDEX 2014-2015 applicants

Just received an invitation for Spokane interviews on November 8th. Good luck everyone else and congrats to those who received an acceptance call.

Congrats Bmitch300wby, I am waiting with fingers crossed about Spokane.  Great news for the rest of you that received the call about Seattle. That is awesome. 

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to everyone who has gotten that awesome call! 

To those of you who are still waiting, don't give up hope yet. A couple of my friends in the class got called several days after the rest, and many others got called after another interview session had come and gone. 

It ain't over until you get a rejection letter! :) 

To those of you who have gotten accepted, take the rest of the week off. And then take a vacation. TRUST me. Do not immediately enroll in virology, microbiology, AND some other -ology. Just my two cents. You're going to need every neuron you can spare to get through this program, so start saving 'em now! 

I had the fortune last year to interview for the Seattle campus but ultimately received a rejection (still cuts to the heart). Anyway, can anyone give any insight on my chances for a second chance interview and/or has anyone here ever been granted a 2nd interview?

After the fact, I truly understand the importance of the phrase "bring your best self". I concur with anyone who has said to just enjoy the moment! Most importantly, mingle and act like you're getting to know everyone at your office Christmas party. To be honest, I never strayed from my table other than when I was actively in an interview and look where it got me (sad face). But really, be engaging and enjoy your fellow hopefuls; think of them not as competition but possible future classmates! 

(Sure hope I get an opportunity to take me own advice :)

@ mlewd- the first two people I met at the Sept 30th interview were 2nd time interviewers for MEDEX. So, that should answer your question that people get invited back. So, there is hope!!!

It looks like people were notified today so I'm pretty bummed since I didn't hear anything. Looks like I will probably be a second time applicant next year and be in the same boat :/

I had the fortune last year to interview for the Seattle campus but ultimately received a rejection (still cuts to the heart). Anyway, can anyone give any insight on my chances for a second chance interview and/or has anyone here ever been granted a 2nd interview?

After the fact, I truly understand the importance of the phrase "bring your best self". I concur with anyone who has said to just enjoy the moment! Most importantly, mingle and act like you're getting to know everyone at your office Christmas party. To be honest, I never strayed from my table other than when I was actively in an interview and look where it got me (sad face). But really, be engaging and enjoy your fellow hopefuls; think of them not as competition but possible future classmates! 

(Sure hope I get an opportunity to take me own advice :)

mlewd,

When I interviewed for Spokane there were two women that were on their third time interviewing.  So keep trying!!. I hope you get a chance this year with many of the others that are in the same boat. 

@brath and @bluhaze: Thanks for the encouragement! I am so thrilled that everyone here shows so much support for their fellow man.  

@brath: When I interviewed last year, one of the first year students I met (now second year) said he waited a whole month to hear he had been accepted (and that was his second try too). If you haven't been rejected, you are definitely still a maybe.

Congratulations to everyone who is accepted! 

I just received an interview invite for Spokane Nov 8th.  We should plan a meet up the night before for anyone who can

I received an interview invite for Spokane on Nov 8th as well.  I would loved to meet up the night before.  

Archived